So an old friend from the hall called me today....

by shakyground 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Yea I know he was doing what he thought was right..

That would be a Change..A JW that thought..

JW`s do as they are instructed by the WBT$..

No thought involved..

..........................;-)...OUTLAW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I mean really dude, you say not to guilt trip me then say some shit like that afterwards??? That's exactly what you were doing, guilt tripping me!!! How would you guys have responded? Isn't that a bit insensitive to say how would my dad feel?

I would have said something about the fact that the Bible's message is LOVE not GUILT. Guilt is only a "short-term" motivator. LOVE is the only true motivation for serving God. Your attempting to put me on a guilt trip is discouraginga and depressing. Considering how long YOU'VE been in The Truth, and the fact that YOU'RE an [elder/ms/pioneer/etc], YOU should know that by now.

Or, you can always try reasoning from the scriptures:

(1 John 2:19) . . .They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. . .

(1 Timothy 2:3-4) . . .This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved . . .

So, based on the scriptures..............why would you think you'd make it into the Paradise to speak with my dad, but I would not?

DOC

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

A few years ago I attended a funeral talk and the brother used the same guilt inducing tactic toward the inactive son of the deceased...the first thing your mom will ask when she resurects is where is my son___________. How low will they go!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You should ask him, how do you think you will feel when you're 80 years old on your death bed, the new system isn't here, and you realize your religion was a lie?

Preface it with, not to make you feel uncomfortable and awkward....

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    Here are some things I found were good responces to inquiring " friends".......
    We miss you : Wow ,thanks ....but really NO one has called ,so excuse me if I find it hard to believe .
    What is going on with you ,why are you missing the meetings : I have found it better for my emotional /mental well-being that I take a break from the KH .
    Is there something keeping you from the Hall ? Is it work /worldly friends /blah blah blah : Sorry, but I can not even imagine discussing MY personal life with you .
    Are you celebrating holidays ?: Again ,my personal life is none of your business and I can not even imagine discussing it with you .
    We love you : Smile and nod ....
    You don't want to disappoint your dead loved one do you ? : I have never been a disappointment to my Mother/Father . They really trusted that I knew what was best for myself .

Thank you!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    But this should do it. Nothing is more evil than a Christmas tree.

YAY! We just put ours up! Come and get us elders!

Freedom!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    Ignore every question you don't like and ask for something like his explanation of the new overlapping generation doctrine. Did Jehovah really give them the previous explanation? Why did Jehovah lie? If He didn't lie and they are spirit directed how did they get it wrong? How is that any different from Harold Camping changing his prediction to invisible after failure? Is Harold Camping spirit directed? How does he know that? etc..
    Then stay on your chosen subject and keep him honest.
    Every time he answers, ask yourself ...... "Did he really answer the question I asked?" If he didn't, point out his deception technique, tell him you are disappointed that he would try to deceive you in this manner, then ask the question again without rephasing it.
    He needs to feel guilty for every sin he commits trying to fool you. Make him pay.

Woot! thanks for this one too.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    I would have said something about the fact that the Bible's message is LOVE not GUILT. Guilt is only a "short-term" motivator. LOVE is the only true motivation for serving God. Your attempting to put me on a guilt trip is discouraginga and depressing. Considering how long YOU'VE been in The Truth, and the fact that YOU'RE an [elder/ms/pioneer/etc], YOU should know that by now.
    You should ask him, how do you think you will feel when you're 80 years old on your death bed, the new system isn't here, and you realize your religion was a lie?
    Preface it with, not to make you feel uncomfortable and awkward....

Wow these are good. Saving this thread.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

NVR2L8, It's hard for me to imagine anything lower than being called out by name in the middle of a funeral talk of your loved one. That speaker needed a physical "attitude adjustment".

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Hey shakyground, I don't post a lot but I had to respond. I have always felt that this whole thing is based on failed logic. Why would they appeal to your sense of family? I mean according to their theology; if you make to the new system you won't remember all of the bad things that happened before, ergo: your family and friends aren't going to remember you if you caused them pain or dissapointment, and neither will you since if there is no after life then neither will you. It's just a pile of garbage heaped upon garbage. Their own belief system is built on a house of cards. Personally I enjoy their headgames. I really liked the responses of troubled mind: they would really make people feel uncomfortable. Anyway take care.

Kensei.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit