So an old friend from the hall called me today....

by shakyground 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

John 13:35 reads, "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you lay guilt trips and veiled references of your impending destruction amongst yourselves."

• shakyground
    shakyground

Yea your right troubled lol. He asked me if i celebrated the holidays with my girl, and he said that it would only be a matter of time before that would be next on Satans agenda for me.

• shakyground
    shakyground

He was like "ask yourself, if Armaggedon came tomorrow would you make it? We are all struggling to make it not just you." Like I said guys, i was only mildly annoyed until he asked how my dad would feel. That just seems like an unnessesary low blow man. On the one hand I think to myself I'm not baptised yet I should just never go back, and on the other hand all my friends and 95% of my family are witnesses.....

• designs
    designs

The conversation is always one-sided 'When will you come back to the Truth' and leveraged 'Have you done something you need to speak with the Elders about'.

How about- How would you like to join me for a Beach or River cleanup project, or help serve at the Food Bank. Something so that there is some give and take. Make it so they have to put up some skin in the game.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well this OP just made me cringe. I used to be that friend calling! I really, really, really cared though. But being a true believer, that meant I wanted all my friends with me in paradise. For me, because I really believed armegeddon was right around the corner, I felt like I was acting out of love. Try to look at it that way and just be really grateful that you are not in that spot, fearing for your friends eternal destruction. And be so happy that you are awake and he is sleep walking.

I wish I could erase all those conversations from memory for all eternity! Geez it feels good to be a real person now.

Also it must be in the air. I too received a call from a friend who hadn't called me in a year and a half. I knew what was coming, so I left it to voice mail. The fact is I didn't miss her, she didn't miss me, and I don't miss any of them. They simply have no power to hurt me and if they find me out, shunning will change absolutely nothing in my life. Perhaps that's why the elders have never tried. There is nothing to blackmail me with. We will see this year if I put up a tree. I have an elder next door. They have ignored many things---this may push them over the edge.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

How about- How would you like to join me for a Beach or River cleanup project, or help serve at the Food Bank

LOL, this made me laugh Designs. It occurs to me that if one of the "friends" knew we were involved in such projects, it would "concern" them. Why put so much effort and energy in all these temporary fixes when the kingdom is just around the corner! How much better your time would be spent preaching and getting as many people into that kingdom as possible. LOL

The witnesses like that scripture that says people would call bad, good and good, bad. They are one of the few groups that could find "bad" in charity and causes of social justice.

NC

• Ding
    Ding

From love bombing the studies to armtwisting the inactive ones

Not exactly subtle...

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

"it's gonna be hard telling your dad in the new system you didn't make it when he asks about you." It is amazing that they can say this but will never say "F***You" because they are to good to talk like that.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

NC ....be aware putting up a Christmas tree (unless your husband is not a JW) will BE the final straw . They will come knocking at your door ! After four yrs that is what finally made the Elders come after us , I had a small lighted garland on our porch . I answered their questions as stated above "NONE of their business " then when they would not stop calling I sent a registered letter of cease and desist to them . Along with a notation that the Police had a copy . This finally made them leave us alone .( Also a policeman called the COB and explained what NO contact meant ) I don't know if any actions were taken against us because they are not allowed to contact us .

• ziddina
    ziddina

What Lost Generation said...

"One of the best responses to this is, "Oh really?!?!?!?! That really surprises me because I haven't gotten a single phone call or visit [from any of the brothers...]" (works as long as nobody has contacted you. Also puts them on the spot because they have dropped the ball)
    The guilt trip thing is tougher to deal with unless you really want to out yourself. I guess a pretty good comeback would be "Wow, that's pretty presumptious of you to put yourself in the new system!" ..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit