How do Jehovah’s Witnesses arrive at their explanation of the Bible?

by mankkeli 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james_woods - It may not be reasonable to you, because you have an agenda plotted towards tearing the poor organization, but come to think of it, if we have a Moderator on JWN to prevent disorder, why shouldnt we have an hierachichal structure in the watchtower

The topic was not "should or do they have a hierarchial structure" - the topic was "how do they arrive at their explanation of the bible". That is why it is not even in the same topic galaxy - and it was originally YOUR TOPIC. So tell me, how did they come up with their explanation of the assembly being the fulfillment of the seven trumpet blasts - if they really "let the bible explain itself"?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

N.drew - The spirit of the truth needs to use a channel to achieve its ends, do you expect the holy spirit to prevent disorderliness without any tool at its disposal?.

• Ding
    Ding

In response the question Mankkeli asked me, I think the GB were indoctrinated by their predecessors and their publications. That's not to say that they don't add their own ideas to the mix. Ray Franz indicated in CoC that the GB members think of the organization as if it is some sort of entity different from themselves, something greater than just a corporation that they run themselves. He considered them to be captives of the "faithful and discreet slave organization" concept, seeing themselves as leaders chosen by Jehovah. If that's true, it would be like the man behind the curtain forgetting that he was just a man manipulating levers and truly believing that he was the wonderful Wizard of Oz.

If Ray is right, then the GB doesn't realize its overlapping generations teaching is a scam. They really believe Armageddon must come within the 1914 generation and the overlapping generations doctrine "must" be the answer. In other words, they believe it themselves. I don't know that for a fact, of course.

From what I've read, I think Russell really came to believe that he was God's Laodicean messenger. It also seems that Fred Franz believed his own created doctrines, especially the importance of 1975. Rutherford seems more like a person who understood that he was making stuff up as he went along, but even he may have believed his own writings. Hard to tell.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Dont deceive yourself, come out of your angry shell, put off the apostatic shirt and try to see things more liberally, what do you see arround without a form of control mechanism?. Please tell me, do you expect people to attend the meetings and put the whole place in chaos?, without program?, without some form of sanctions for disorderliness or commendation for conducts worth of imitation?. hmmmm. Please find some ther point, that reasoning of yours is weak.

I'm just going to call you Mr Red Herring from now on, boy that was some deflection. Organization is fine, religion is not.

-Sab

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

james_woods - I was addressing other issues being raised by those who contributed. The "seven trumpet blast" in the book of revelation was symbolic, undisputably, the number "seven" signifies perfection, while blast represents a form of divine proclamation. Since bible writers mention that those prophetic accounts were written for us living in this time of the end, hence, we need to carve a meaning out of those symbloic expressions which MUST BE CONSISTENT WITH OUR SPIRITUAL OBLIGATIONS and the assembly gathering was the closest interpretation to that symbloic expression.

• bohm
    bohm

it seem that the entire output of mankkelis phd happened invisibly!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm just going to call you Mr Red Herring from now on, boy was some deflection. Organization is fine, religion is not.
    -Sab

A big 10-4 on that, Sab. And notice that the original topic - where do they arrive at their Bible explanation - has flown out the upstairs window like a radio controlled witch mannequin.

• bohm
    bohm

there, james_woods, that explains it!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I was addressing other issues being raised by those contibuted. The seven trumpet blast in the book of revelation was symbolic, undisputably, the number "seven" signifies perfection, while blast represents a form of divine proclamation. Since bible writers mention that those prophetic accounts were written for us living in this time of the end, hence, we need to carve a meaning out of those symbloic expressions which MUST BE CONSISTENT WITH OUR SPIRITUAL OBLIGATIONS and the assembly gathering was the closest interpretation to that symbloic expression.

So what were the 7 blasts then, Mr smarty pants?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    A big 10-4 on that, Sab. And notice that the original topic - where do they arrive at their Bible explanation - has flown out the upstairs window like a radio controlled witch mannequin.

He's bored and he knew posting something from the reasoning book would get a thread going. He probably just needs a hug. Needs to put his shirt back on though beforehand.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit