How do Jehovah’s Witnesses arrive at their explanation of the Bible?

by mankkeli 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

@Where is christ nowadays if he claims to be the word of God ?

John 5:31-38.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

tec - Your explanation is confusing, how could christ be with the father and at thesame time be with those who belong to him?. That sounds philsophical

• tec
    tec

Through the spirit. If we have part of that spirit (if the spirit dwells within us), then we are connected. One.

Besides, sometimes I am with my husband. Sometimes I am with my son. Sometimes I am with co-workers. Just not necessarily at the same time. Although, if we're all on the internet talking, then we're together and apart at the same time.

Peace,

Tammy

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Your explanation is confusing, [sic] how could christ be with the father and at thesame [sic] time be with those who belong to him?. [sic]

If Christ was only a human being with only a human nature, then that question would be meaningful. But Christ is a spiritual being with a divine nature, existing beyond the realm that we call space and time. He is simultaneously everywhere, while being no place in particular. The divine is not part of the universe; the universe is part of the divine. Not only can Christ be with the Father and all who belong to him, from the Christian viewpoint it could be no other way!

(edited to quote Matthew 28:19-20)

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

• N.drew
    N.drew

Can it be that 2 John verse 7 means the resurrected Christ? The traditional interpretation and one that Jehovah's Witnesses teach is it means the man Jesus. The previous verse says "go on walking in the commandment" (of love). How? By the resurrected Christ. In spirit. His spirit with our flesh. How else would we know the will of God? Confessing Jaheshua coming in the flesh means knowing the way, because he is with us. In a sense in us. And if it is true, meaning the spirit, not the man, then they are the antichrist. Because we need Christ in us, they say no, Christ is over them, not in them.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How do Jehovah’s Witnesses arrive at their explanation of the Bible?

The same way every other religious sect does , whatever interpretation they want to use to self identify and apply to themselves.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are not what they have self described themselves to be, rather they are in reality witnesses

and subjective proclaimers of the Watchtower Corporation's own doctrines, there is a defining difference.

The JWS have been indoctrinated by a publishing house (WTS.) by extrapolating certain selectively chosen scriptures and by exploiting

and commercialize them to meet their means as well to purposely cultivate a following upon those doctrines and exploit lured individuals

as well. Its kind of a cant fail strategy to take on for a publishing house. Cultivate your following on fear and ignorance and present

yourself as the only means to save oneself from your own personal destruction and Wallah you have an organized religion.

Pretentiously false and assuringly instigated by a publishing house, self supporting and self serving for its own standing benefit.

• Ding
    Ding

How do JWs arrive at their explanation of the Bible?

They believe whatever the GB tells them and change their explanations whenever the GB changes theirs.

Maybe the question should be, "How does the GB arrive at its explanation of the Bible?"

In a lot of ways, they select a couple of key proof-texts, such as the part of Ecclesiastes 9:5 that says "the dead are conscious of nothing." They take this as an absolute teaching on what happens after death and any other scriptures must then be interpreted according to what they already concluded from that partial verse. Thus, Jesus' story about the rich man and Lazarus becomes a convoluted parable about Jehovah's Witnesses which isn't talking about what happens after death at all.

This example also highlights another aspect of GB Bible interpretation -- they see everything in the Bible as having some latter day fulfillment that centers on the role of the GB and of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. In other words, it's all about THEM and their importance.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Ding - If you claim the JWs are being indoctrinated by the GB, so then, who indoctrinated the GB?.

• bohm
    bohm

Hey mankkeli! You claim to have a phd. A brief question, can you point to a single academic publication which carries your name and which is avaliable online?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Back to the topic -

In pointing out the meaning of symbolic language in the Bible, they let the Bible provide its own explanation, instead of giving their theories as to its significance. (1 Cor. 2:13) Indications as to the meaning of symbolic terms are usually found in other parts of the Bible.

Right. SURE. And this is how we know that the seven trumpet blasts were fulfilled by some JW convention in the midwest that nobody alive today had been to or even ever heard of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit