"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hey, to anyone still attending meetings: Are you gonna comment? What will you say? For others, what would you say if you could?

NC

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Hey, to anyone still attending meetings: Are you gonna comment? What will you say? For others, what would you say if you could?

Wanted to move this question back on the visible active topic screen.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Thanks---yeah, I think this could be interesting.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Would also help me when I talk to my wife about the issue.

• someonesomewhere
    someonesomewhere

The Portuguese translation is accurate. It does mention that she was hit the day before her study.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Got this from the Executive Director of a local support group for abused women:

"Thank you for presenting this to us. It is concerning when a response to abuse may in fact put the victim at greater risk and creates a message that they are in some way responsible for what is happening."

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

I cannot began to believe what I'm reading!!! This blog has been the talk of the town...amongst JDUBBS!!! And yet, they still accept it! I swear.....Is there something in the juice, the air or whatever the f*** that hypnotizes ALL these people to stay with this cult????? They truly think this "shuga" is okay????

On the day of this Watchtower, I'm going striaght to my mom's congregation just to sit next to her. I just gotta see HER reaction!!!!!

I just wanna run up on the stage and smack the "shuga" outta the Watchtower conducter simply for parting his lips to read this "BULLSHUGA"!!!!!

I am sooooo damned angry, right now!

• cedars
    cedars

I had a response from Refuge, which has been displayed on my blog over at jwstruggle.com...

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2011/11/won-without-a-word-at-what-cost/

Cedars

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

I deeply apologize for all that space in my blog. I don't know how that happened! But, now that I think about it...it must be me using true profanity towards this dumb-ass cult!!!!

Oh!!! I WILL be sending this stuff to EVERY CNN, OPRAH, HeadLine News,,,,,,,, EVERY DAMNED PUBLIC SHOW I CAN!!!! I am going to send the STUDY COPY and the DUMB-ASS WATERED DOWN COPY, as well!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I posted this on the other website but I'll post it here too. Portion of my life experience:

I remember when I was a child, my mother and both of us children got frequently abused by our stepfather even before the wedding, after all an engagement is a promise and as Christians we have to keep our promises (which is published in the WT and was also affirmed later in life by congregation elders when I wanted to break off an engagement).

We moved from congregation to congregation, trying to “do more” in the work and thus we had some ‘prominence’ within the congregation as a family but time and again, my mother would go to the elders and she would get the reply that she had to be ‘more loving’ and even us children got admonished to be ‘obedient to our parents’.

This went on for about 14 years in over 7 different congregations with even Circuit Overseers and District Overseers getting involved.

Eventually it got so bad, my mother frequently feared for my life (I was the oldest) and I frequently ran away from home whenever I felt I was in danger. Eventually she admitted to school officials and a doctor there were ‘problems at home’. She later left him but he stalked her, she went and lived with a friend and got a restraining order but according to WT doctrine, being overnight with a male person who is not your husband is adultery and she got promptly disfellowshipped.

Trust me, this had an effect on my life, I reflected some of the attitudes in my first marriage (including a physical response when she got physical) and second marriage (verbal) and this behavior was again ignored (and in my mind reaffirmed) by elders as if this was somehow my right when I was the head of the household. One elder even implied that sometimes a women deserves to be slapped and (privately) bragged he had done so in the past too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit