"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• watersprout
    watersprout

Thank you Mary!

Peace

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I just read that wt to my wife (never a JW and not a christian)

"thats disgusting, it is condoning wife beating. That should be forwarded to the Police."

Oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Everything is to be put up with to gain another member.

Even beatings.

The worse thing is i bet nobody even has a probem with pargraphs 10 thru 12 at the study.

Except the wives who are already getting beaten, and will be too afraid of another beating if they so much as squeek about it, and will be made to 'wait on jehovah' to tame their bully husbands.

Oz

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I recently met a couple of ex JW'S who told me that the reason they were disfellowshipped was because a sister in their congregation, married to an elder, had commited adultary, her husband [the elder] found out and beat her up, she ended up in hospital with broken ribs etc. The elders disfellowshipped her and this couple took her in and helped her.

The elders informed them that they must stop helping her and ask her to leave, they refused to to this, so they were asked to meet with them, they stood by their decision so they were both disfellowshipped, they felt it was the Christian thing to do no matter what she had done, the sister they were helping was also disfellowshipped, her husband [the elder] stayed an elder. [GO FIGURE]

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Rosepetal: What a tragic story. That beast needs to be outed. Name? City? State?

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

I understood a dutch JW women translated the english version into dutch. Evidentially she was shocked by the english version and translated it in a softer way.

• wobble
    wobble

What exactly is the difference between the WT view of women and how they should be treated and the Islamic view ?

Both seem to be stuck back in the dark ages.

This stuff needs to get out, for the public to see, if only for the benefit of the poor mind-controlled sisters who may stay in a relationship getting the s**t kicked out of them because of this filthy propaganda.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    This stuff needs to get out, for the public to see, if only for the benefit of the poor mind-controlled sisters who may stay in a relationship getting the s**t kicked out of them because of this filthy propaganda.

Using the template letter that Mary provided I have sent a link to the article to domestic violence organizations in the area where I live.

Have also modified the letter a bit and am planning on providing to the local newspapers as well as television stations. They are very quick to give the WTS air time for a new build or a local convention.......

Oftentimes on the way in to work I pass three JW women handing out WTs/Awakes, I am carrying a copy of the 'Selma' part of the story and going to ask them about the WTS stance domestic violence, maybe can get these ladies to think at least a little bit for themselves.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

This may have been mentioned, but my husband says that men are being fed this crap too. They are being told that hitting their mate is not a serious offense and that how their women should behave is more important.

Even if he never hits her, this twisted idea of headship ruins marriages.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

hitting their mate is not a serious offense and that how their women should behave is more important

What forume are they being told this in? I can not imagine this being stated in front of the sisters???

this twisted idea of headship ruins marriages.

Agree fully!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit