What's the most insensitive thing you have been told while grieving?

by 3rdgen 78 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Mmouse: Wow, Thanks for your comment and link. I have read COC but haven't had a chance to read ISOCF. No wonder so many JW's are so callous to others feelings when they had FF as THE example to follow.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Mmouse: Wow, Thanks for your comment and link. I have read COC but haven't had a chance to read ISOCF. No wonder so many JW's are so callous to others feelings when they had FF as THE example to follow.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Halo said:"The other thing that came to mind was when I was told that I could choose a new spouse in the new system...........mine never was a JW. "

My hubby was a JW..his Mom constantly told him and he repeated it to me many times that "He should not worry, (Because I wouldn't go back) that Jehovah will make him forget me and will give him a lovely new wife in the new system..."

I think he was really looking forward to it..

Too bad he didn't make it and now is not eligible to remarry ..(according to their teachings of resurrected can't marry.)

Snoozy

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

5 minutes after Dad died in the hospital an Elder showed up to help out...He said...¨Well, he didn´t take good care of himself anyways¨ Yet Dad always did homeopathic stuff and ate apricot seeds. He took GREAT care of himself. This was an aortic anyresum. Nothing more. Wanted to punch the old guy right there and then but then again he was 80...I SO wanted to say the same thing to him when his wife died but I did not. I HAD couth.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Snoozy: Lining well is the best revenge!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Botz:It's so hard not to stoop to that level-proud of you for being bigger than that

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

These people sometimes cease to be human i am sure.

While my most insensitive thing was not over greiving a loved ones passing, it was grieving the continual erroding time with my children. My ex (JW) said to me, i quote: "If i could click my fingers and change my childrens DNA so they were never yours, i would in a heartbeat.''

I think thats about the time i began to see that these people have some serious problems. Indeed i know it now, They have the humanity sucked right out of them.

Its like they lose or fail to develop empathy even though they love to throw the word around, they have no actual concept of it.

scum is what they are.

oz

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I've always wondered if the organization actually creates unfeeling sociopaths or if it is unfeeling sociopaths who are attracted to the organization.

In either case, JWs are a cold-hearted bunch. Some of them even seem to delight in anticipating the punishment of their fellowmen at Armageddon

to the point of personally doling out judgment peremptorily.

• factfinder
    factfinder

grewupjw1969-

I am sorry to hear your Mom died. November 28 will be a very sad day for you.

November 27 would have been my Mom's 87th birthday. She died April 28,2000.

I remember an elder saying to me: "You know what you have to do to see your parents again." And my jw brother says the same thing.

When my Mom was home on Hospice and we knew she would die soon, I called my brother to tell him he'd better come up to see her soon. Instead he went to a CA in Texas to see a brother and sister he had not seen in years. He did not even come to see my Mom again and say goodbye. He said "I will see her in the new system when she is resurrected."

I agree the JW funeral talk is just an advertisement for jw beliefs.

• ziddina
    ziddina

good grief, FactFinder...

Your brother's attitude was cruel and careless in the extreme!!

I am so sorry to hear that he was so calloused...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit