What's the most insensitive thing you have been told while grieving?

by 3rdgen 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Halo
    Halo

What I noticed was the total lack of anything when I had a parent die, I guess when said parent never was a JW I'm not supposed to feel grief.

So sorry for the insensitive way many of you have been treated by unthinking robots.

The other thing that came to mind was when I was told that I could choose a new spouse in the new system...........mine never was a JW.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wonder if there should not be public service announcements concerning what to say during a tragedy. My hunch is that most people are merely inept. A phrase or two would help a lot. Not acknowledging a loss or saying hurtful things is very bad form. These same people could not shoulder a similar hurt.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

This board is becoming so theraputic for me thanks to all of you. Halo: you are smart keep the wife dump the idiots. BOR Isn't that the truth? They can dish it out but let a hangnail happen to them-you never hear the end of it!

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

3rd Gen, My aunt told my mother, this was when my brother died, "You have five others kids, why are you crying still!" My aunt of many evils knew how to help the broken hearted ones, her love and compassion made her elegible to be an elder. She is one of the most wicked human beings, she is the most disgusting JW, and I have worked with the criminally insane in the hospitals, yet she surpasses them by far. I digress but you get the point, no comfort for those who mourn, I am so sorry about your son, and will pray for some type of comfort for you.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

This religion sucks the humanity out of people.

Bangalore

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

My mother passed away 5 years ago this month on the 28th. I am not a JW and at the memorial service everyone made it a point to try and catch up with me since I had very sparingly attended meetings since I left home. One "sister" says to me : ***** would be so happy to see you here!" Another said to me: "Well, you know what you need to do to be able to see her again. Get to it!"She then kept calling my fathers house and offering me a study.

These so-called Christians have no sense. None.

GrewupJW

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

@AvacodoJake....I think my father can take your aunt. He is truly the most selfish, manipulative and ignorant man I know. I guess these are perfect qualifications for being an Elder.

GrewupJw

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Some have accused Jehovah's Witnesses funerials of being infomercials for the borg. At the time my son died I didn't see it that way but after reflecting back on the talk given I agree. "Welcome friends we are here to remember (fill in the blank) 2 sentences about the person. Back to manuscript about JW beliefs. Concluding prayer. All done. Oh if I only had it to do over again! Problem is I was in schock. The speaker could have recited the "Pledge of Alligiance" and I wouldn't have noticed.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

In high school, a friend of mine was killed in an auto accident. I sat next to him in several classes and we helped each other with homework and projects. He was not a Witness.

One of the girls at the hall made a comment: "Why is Jadeen so upset? It's not like ******* is going to be resurrected." She didn't know the guy and she already decided that he wasn't worthy of resurrection. I can't describe how angry that made me.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This passage from In Search of Cristian Freedom gives an account of Fred Franz's words at his nephew's funeral. Shocking really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit