Kendrick " Letter of Introduction " from Elders regarding Candace Conti Case

by flipper 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I don't recall reading that letter before. It must be the very definition of indefensible.

You know......I understand the court ruling. I get that the duty to protect from a religious institution is going to be a hard case. Its a slippery slope that could be widely defined. But I think any human being who looks at this case, instinctively knows the wrong. Their "conscience bears witness" if you will.

For the society to use the defense that they don't have a duty legally to protect young ones, is just mind blowing. I realize that may be an over simplification. I wonder though how McCabe can just sit there and defend the actions of this elder body that recommended this guy as being "interesting" and "helping young ones".

Eden said it right. If this guy had expressed doubts about the slave.....no way that would not be on his letter. Molest a kid and come clean about it. Nah....we don't have to let anyone know.

Sick.....and ignorant. Truly a people disconnected from REALITY.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for more responses on this ! I appreciate it.

EDEN ONE- It IS amazing isn't it that as you mentioned if Kendrick had been guilty of say- apostasy - then SO much information would have been forwarded to the next congregation's elders where he was moving to ! But the fact Kendrick was a child molester ? Not a peep from the elders. In fact they even RECOMMENDED HIM for doing well with children ! As you say- it's criminal negligence for sure.

FINKELSTEIN- I don't think ANYTHING is beyond speculating about regarding how far the WT Society will go in criminal behavior. If you don't believe me- just check out you tubes of behind the scenes criminal behavior WT engaged in regarding the Menlo Park property takeover. WT is like a hidden modern day Mafia . You are right WT leaders ARE concerned about " image " - one reason they did NOT follow the San Diego courts directions to reveal the Database pedophile list. With 23,000 names on that list it was a HIGH probability if not a fact that GB members or high ranking WT representatives were on that list- and were STILL appointed as elders in power positions in the WT organization. Which would be VERY damning evidence against the WT Society. Also another reason they refused to allow GB member Losch testify. The cat would be out of the bag and the cows would break the barn doors down causing a Pandora's box or avalanche of information to come streaming into the courts- and WT leaders couldn't have that happen. So they're willing to keep paying out millions $$$ in child abuse lawsuits just to keep their dirty skeletons locked up in the closet.

But one of these days those dirty little skeletons are going to be riding the backs of those cows breaking down the WT Society barn doors- then LOOK OUT ! All hell will break lose. I can hardly wait.

PROBLEMADDICT 2- This letter was part of the court released documentation of communication between elders of Kendrick's old congregation when he moved to the new congregation. WT Society as you say- truly IS disconnected from reality. At the very minimum the elders in Kendrick's old congregation had a responsibility to disclose his previous child abuse to the elders in his NEW congregation- and not recommend him to be with children as a " good influence ". I mean- that's insane. WT Society DID have a lot of liability here

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That particular letter is interesting in that it exposed some of Kendricks misgivings but stop short of revealing his most heinous behavior of pedophilia.

The WTS. policy of placing hush up on this terrible social behavior hurts both people inside the organization as well outside, for its known that certain people who were identified as being a sexual predator, moved away from their locality and gone to possibly attack children not in the JWS.

But as I mentioned before public image is more important to the WTS than protecting children from pedophiles and using the old ancient Hebrew instruction of not talking about the sins of others is a egregiously dangerous game to play concerning pedophilia.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    That particular letter is interesting in that it exposed some of Kendricks misgivings but stop short of revealing his most heinous behavior of pedophilia.

Exactly. Kendrick's "outbursts of anger" merit a cautionary word from the elders in the letter of introduction [no concern for protecting his privacy here] but there's a deafening silence about his not-so-distant-past as a convicted child molester. Here one can see where the elders' priorities are. "Outbursts of anger" from a member don't exactly tarnish the reputation of the Watchtower and its flock at large. But paedophilia does, and thus, best expunge it from any official record. It's clear to me and anyone honest about this.

Eden

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think Fink's right.

No need for any kind of far-reaching criminal conspiracy; just the all-consuming need to protect the Org's short-term public and internal image.

Don't automatically attribute to malice what can more easily be explained by stupidity and hubris.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

To add to what I said above ("...the all-consuming need to protect the Org's short-term public and internal image...")...

... I have, in fact, come to suspect that the preservation of the WTS's internal image (i.e. as "God's Organization" to the R&F) is the paramount of the two.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Indeed the letter was strange in that the elders spoke of Kendrick's temper- but never mentioned his committing child abuse. So having a bad temper is worse than child abuse to these elders anyway. And you are right- it IS a dangerous situation that the WT Society and those elders put children in- because molesters like Kendrick constantly move around to different locations looking for their next victim ! WT Society is supremely negligent.

EDEN ONE- God point you make that these elders admitting Kendrick has a temper problem lessens the bad image against the WT Society than admitting he was a child molester. WT Society is good at training elders to hide information that would damage WT image.

VIDIOT- Indeed WT Society's first priority is to protect it's alleged respectable " image " - however the financial $$$$$ money thing is important to them as well. And if they have to lie and not reveal information describing their lawless conduct - then they will do that too in order to protect that illusionary image . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This all brings up a thought I have often had about the WTBTS/JWs. They pride themselves on their organization to a degree that is pretty offensive generally. How could Jehovah do any of his work without an organization? Well, yeah, they have one. And yet, with all that organization, they don't do any of the good that they COULD do with it-like helping people, having and using a database of people who are known criminals or abusers so that the elders have fair warning, It all seems kind of helter skelter. They have rules, supposedly, but no one is following the ones that could do any good. And all that organizational power sends a known child molester to another congregation with recommendations that he work with kids.

Most religions have no such "organization" corporately, yet, individual congregations check anyone who works with children or the public for criminal history. They would NOT allow such a person to volunteer in any position which would put a vulnerable person in danger. What good is the WT ORGANIZATION if they can't organize a basic protection for the congregation?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If an open discloser had taken place about Kendricks past regarding pedophilia and was presented to the congregation to where he moved to, he would have been on a watch list by all parents attending that Hall and he most likely wouldn't be placed alone with Candace Conti. In other words he exploited that very hush hush policy to prey on another victim.

The most shocking and disturbing part of all this situation is that he got off Scott free for attacking Candace and most of that can also be contributed to the Hush Hush policy within in Candace's own congregation.

Personally when someone voluntary re attacks after been convicted and imprisoned in regards to sexual pedophilia, these ones should most certainly be brought forth before a court and dealt with more so than a first time offender .

• flipper
    flipper

I saw this thread had a couple responses- thought I'd bump it up and respond.

JW DAUGHTER- True- the WT Society has an " organization" - of sorts - however there are one set of rules for the rank & file JW's and an entirely different set of rules for the Governing Body or WT leaders. And those " rules " are followed inasmuch as it affects the financial welfare of the billion $$$ WT organizations financial interests. WT leaders allow themselves to BEND the rules or even create NEW rules along the way in order to meet their financial agenda . Even if that involves not obeying court orders to release information and even if that involves covert criminal activity involving the protection of pedophiles. Point I'm making is " these boys ain't saints ". They just really do not care. Money is the important thing to WT leaders.

FINKELSTEIN- Good point. An open disclosure would have been the SMART thing for WT leaders to have insisted upon with regard to disclosure about Kendrick or any other former child molester. So he exploited the hush hush policy as you state. And he should have been brought back up on charges of abuse- but he kept denying the Conti attack. This guy must be covered with Teflon or something. He needs to be locked up for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit