Kendrick " Letter of Introduction " from Elders regarding Candace Conti Case

by flipper 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "They knew he was a pedophile but specifically recommended him to work with children."

I've seen some truly epic facepalm moments in my life, but this one's definitely up in the top five.

Simon - "Instead they try to deny, cover up, play legal tricks and anything else to avoid even acknowledging their wrong."

Like I said in another thread a couple days ago, you don't pull shit like that if you're in the right.

x

EDIT: Know what's really interesting?

I've lost count of how many accounts I've read about alleged (and even convicted) child abusers who - no matter what - would still rather chew off their own arm than actually acknowledge that what they've done was wrong.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if there are now people in the congregation where Johnathan Kendricks move to as to why they weren't alerted to his past ???

I know if a guy had two known separate situations of him attacking children, that I wouldn't want that guy around my own children .

And just out curiosity , why did he not get charged with pedophilia again for attacking Candace Conti.

since he had a prior conviction ? You would think because of that they would open a case against him. ???

There have been Catholic priests who have been charged and convicted on circumstances of what they did 10, 20 years in the past ???

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the replies ! I'll bring this thread up to date.

FINKELSTEIN- Thanks for the you tube . Very informative. I agree - if we can all get the message out to JW's or non-JW's - we can effect a change in giving people access to important information concerning WT Society injustices. It's something that continually needs to be done in my opinion.

CARLA- True- current JW's would disregard or not believe the Kendrick letter- except for JW's who are sitting on the fence with doubts about the WT organization already. It's a real process that takes time in a JW's mind when they start doubting. For some to leave- it takes longer than others- but cracks in the JW armor start showing and in time the dam can break and the flood of TTATT starts leaking in. We can only hope that more JW's start seeing the REAL light- and escape towards freedom of mind

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- Very good points you make about WT liability and how they would rather " chew off their right arm " than to admit that what they've done is wrong. WT Society and WT leaders have ALWAYS been that arrogant and haughty. There was definite liability involved in the Kendrick case - one reason Candace Conti won her case regarding negligence on WT Society's part- but WT leaders will NEVER admit fault. Too prideful.

FINKELSTEIN- Kendrick didn't get charged yet or attacking Candace Conti because he has continually denied the charges. Watch him in the you tube towards the end of the ABC News Nightline video clip and he gets VERY aggressive in his denial towards the ABC news reporter actually him and his wife were REALLY aggressive towards the reporter. It smacks of guilt written all over him. Why else would he get that upset ?

I know there have been Catholic priests charged with a hell of a lot less evidence- I do hope that Kendrick WILL be put away and locked up for what he's done to Candace - I hope that ship hasn't sailed. I hope the police in the area will revisit this case. I mean- if Candace has already won the lawsuit you would think they'd reopen the case against Kendrick, right ? Makes one wonder

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "WT Society and WT leaders have ALWAYS been that arrogant and haughty. There was definite liability involved in the Kendrick case - one reason Candace Conti won her case regarding negligence on WT Society's part- but WT leaders will NEVER admit fault. Too prideful.

Oh, definitely, but there was something more I was suggesting...

...that, in many instances of convicted offenders who had acknowledged and admitted their actions, getting them to concede that those actions were wrong was like trying to pull teeth.

What I'm trying to say is that I can't help but wonder if there are high-ranking members of the WT hierarchy who - on some fundamental level (and, in part, due to the ironclad belief that the WTS, as God's organization, can do no wrong) - don't really think the pedo problem is that big of a deal...

...and are wondering WTF the victims' problem is, and think their opponents are all just using it as an excuse to throw stones.

• sir82
    sir82

I can't help but wonder if there are high-ranking members of the WT hierarchy who - on some fundamental level (and, in part, due to the ironclad belief that the WTS, as God's organization, can do no wrong) - don't really think the pedo problem is that big of a deal...

I can virtually guarantee it.

A few more lawsuit losses might - maybe - get their attention.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There has to be a set established directive onto the congregational elders by the WTS heads as how they should make notice to their congregations that one of their members has had a problem with pedophilia, otherwise the elders are just going to proceed as usual and to not disclose the situation .

The WTS and its lawyers have stated the reasons they dont do this is because it says in the bible to not talk about the sins of others and they have quoted scriptures pertaining to that as well.

So to openly announce that someone has had this problem after its been verified by self omission or otherwise would be going their own previously held position structured in the bible.

From that realization, I think the only way the WTS is going to change their policy is if they are forced to by law.

• flipper
    flipper

Been working out of town a few days thought I'd bump this up. Thanks for your replies.

VIDIOT- I agree with you. I think the WT leaders don't believe that the child abuse problem is that big of a deal. Their responses in court and out of court prove that. Whether it's in the media or just ignoring courts demands for information ( for which they lost a court case Lopez in San Diego ) they have shown their arrogance and pompous attitude.

SIR 82- I hope that a lot more child abuse lawsuits GET the WT leaders attention.

FINKELSTEIN- I agree with you that the only way WT Society leaders are going to change their policies - is if they are forced by the laws of the land to do so. I think WT Society is hiding something even bigger going on with child abuse. Could be child slavery, selling children for prostitution, pedophile rings, something. There has to be bigger reasons WT Society refused to disclose all of their files concerning child abuse - even to the point of paying out 13.5 million to Lopez in order to keep that information secret. Think about it. WHAT information is worth 13.5 million $$$ to keep secret ? Criminal information indicting the WT Society - THAT'S what kind of information I'm talking about. They are hiding something they don't want authorities to know about

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Had Kendrick been accused of apostasy or independent thinking, that wouldn't fail to be mentioned in an introduction letter, and for years to come, he would be uneligible for privileges and a keen eye would always be watching him in his new congregation. But a known, convicted molester? Not a word of caution. Nothing to worry about. He's even lauded for his skill with kids! Un-be-li-va-ble! How absolutely criminal this letter is. The Elder(s) who wrote this should also spend jail time as accessory to crime.

Eden

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Could be child slavery, selling children for prostitution, pedophile rings, something.

Ah that might be going a bit too far in speculation Flipper.

I think what really concerns the WTS is its outward public image of itself, you know as much as I do how much the WTS has uplifted itself as the organization chosen by god, distinctly righteous among all other religions.

To open all the cases of pedophilia that has happened in the organization, is just too damaging and threatening of an aspect that the WTS is not willing to openly offer to the public.

You could just imagine the out fall of what could happen if it was revealed that there been thousands of cases /situations of pedophilia that has occurred over the years within the WTS/JWS organization, it could be so damaging that it could possibly bring down the organization in its entirety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit