Kendrick " Letter of Introduction " from Elders regarding Candace Conti Case

by flipper 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

As many of us saw in the PBS news hour program and the ABC News Nightline program the elders from one congregation failed to communicate properly to the elders in another congregation concerning the child molester Jonathan Kendrick when he moved to a new congregation. I have parts of this " introduction letter " from the Fremont Congregation to the Oakley Congregation elders so you can read it for yourself and decide how irresponsible these WT appointed elders were.

Dated 1/16/98 it opens :

" Dear Brothers, Enclosed are the publisher cards of Brother Jonathan Kendrick , and OUR comments in his regard that we hope will enable you to get to KNOW him better.

" Brother Kendrick is a fine brother who can easily offer a " positive " spirit to a congregation. He has served the North Congregation as Literature Servant in the somewhat RECENT past, has done well in the TMS and presenting the " good news " in the field ministry.

" However, our brother has had a " stormy " marriage which has ended in divorce , during which time a Judicial Committee saw the need to place restrictions on him for outbursts of anger. His anger was not unprovoked however, in that his former wife ( now inactive ) , never allowed him to assume the scriptural role of " family head ". She resisted him in allowing her teenage daughter ( from a previous marriage ) , to date a " worldly " individual with whom she was sexually active ( even in their own residence when Jonathan was not present ) , resulting in a child out of wedlock. So Brother Kendrick has had much frustration to deal with , but the committee agreed that that didn't give him license to vent his anger in violent demonstration , which in at least one case, involved the Fremont police department.

" Brother Kendrick has been away from good, regular spiritual association for some months now . As a result , I fear the world's attitudes have creeped in on him a little more. Please help him put these aside. Jonathan may seem a little " gruff " on the outside , but you will find with some attention he will respond well to your efforts. He wants and appreciates strong, pointed counsel on the TMS as well as personally to help him grow and progress.

" The skills of Brother Kendrick vary from violin playing to topiary to wood-working and welding ( trade ). He is a very interesting individual who has taken the lead with some YOUNG ONES in the congregation and helped them from ' VEERING OFF COURSE.'

" Jonathan is no longer on restriction ; you'll find him to be a fine individual, kind, loving, and appreciates the peace and refreshment of the Christian brotherhood. Please convey our well wishes and warm love to him , and all those loyally serving JAH in the Brentwood Congregation."

Your brother, --------------- ------------------

I don't know about you- but this letter is a laughingstock , an absolute affront to any semblance of justice being done. These elders KNEW Jonathan Kendrick's background as a child molester and spoke well of him anyway to his new congregation- even to the point of saying he had helped young ones in the congregation from " veering off course ". Uh-huh. What ? By molesting them ? There is NO excuse for WT Society appointed elders to be SO irresponsible as to recommend a child molester in a positive way to a new congregation. It is unforgiveable as he ended up molesting more victims. Disgusting is an appropriate adjective.

And yet- the WT Society's attorneys KEEP denying any responsibility for what goes on inside their congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses wherein they appoint idiotic, lame brained men as elders who due to their irresponsibility continue to put children at risk by promoting in glowing terms pedophiles from one congregation to the next. And we wonder why the WT Society has so many child abuse cases and lawsuits against them right now ? It's because this happens ALL THE TIME. This is NOT a lone case if you are reading this as a lurking Jehovah's Witness. You may be sitting next to a pedophile right now as you attend your " Christian " meeting. And your children may be sitting next to a child molester or pedophile as they sit at your " Christian " meeting. Will the elders ever tell you as a parent if there is a molester sitting next to you ? No. Will they tell you as a parent if this pedophile newly molests children in your congregation ? No. So HOW do you protect your children ?

By getting PROACTIVE and spreading the word to other JW parents in your midst that this kind of conduct is going on and you have to ACT if your children are going to be protected. Call your local police authorities. Call child protective services if you know of these pedophiles or child molesters are being allowed to BE with children in your congregations. Whether out in service or alone at gatherings- will YOUR conscience as a parent be more responsible than the leaders of the WT Society or the elders towards your children ? If YOU don't protect the young ones in your midst- who will ? Not the elders. Not WT leaders. That's been proven. Now is the time to act, spread the word. I wish you all well, Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper P.S. Let's protect the children- THAT is the priority.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ok then, they mention he has anger issues, recognize that he has an interest in "young ones," without disclosing what that is and completely fail to mention his history of molestation!

Nice.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

That Kendrick introduction letter is hard to read. It basically set the guy up in business for his next victim!

I also know that Watchtower has in the past re-appointed men as elders that it knew had a history of sexually molesting a child.

It is a cult.

• Simon
    Simon
    He is a very interesting individual who has taken the lead with some YOUNG ONES in the congregation and helped them from ' VEERING OFF COURSE.

Legal culpability right there. They knew he was a pedophile but specifically recommended him to work with children.

A decent organization would hold their hands up and say "we messed up, what do we need to do to compensate for it". Instead they try to deny, cover up, play legal tricks and anything else to avoid even acknowledging their wrong. It turns them from incompetent and inept to evil as well.

I hope they have their pockets emptied. Sometimes it's a pity that there isn't really a hell for people to burn in.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for any and all comments here. This needs to be exposed so that not only JW's but non-JW's as well can see the liability and irresponsibility that falls on the shoulders of the WT leaders and their appointed elders.

OUBLIETTE- Indeed, irresponsibility at it's worst on the elders and WT Society's part. Not only failing to inform the new congregation of WHAT this man did in the past- but actually saying he is GOOD with young people ! I mean what dolts !

MARVIN SHILMER- Exactly, it's hard to read AND it set him up for searching out new victims he could victimize or molest. And yes, WT Society has many times appointed men as elders who had a history of committing child abuse. That's why word NEEDS to get out about this. It's time for everybody to get access to information about these crimes

• flipper
    flipper
    SIMON- Good points. There is definite legal culpability there in those words. In knowingly recommending him as " taking the lead with young ones " it's definitely a recommendation of what the ELDERS are projecting about Jonathan Kendrick's character- insinuating it's good for him to be around children. And of course we know- nothing was further from the truth ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    My wifes grandfather was a major child molester and even though they new he'd molested several of his family members was about to be appointed again as an elder or MS can't remember which one when he died. They don't care if your a molester I think they just don't.
  • Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy
    They set him up to continue his perverted ways because after that letter he went on to molest his new wife's granddaughter and others. He is one sicko and then you have to wonder about a woman who stays with a man who molested her own granddaughter no less. I can't even begin to say what I would do to a man who harmed my child and grandchildren. I hope the award sticks and Candice and every other victim gets every last penny of the WTBTS money.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

By the way, HOW did you manage to get hold of such a secret letter between elder bodies??

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wasn't this letter part of the discovery process in the Conti case?

If so, the actual letter (or a facsimile) should be available online as part of the public court records.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit