The J Dub Culture of Skirt-Wearing

by mummatron 77 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The rationale of the society, backed up by talks in the 1980's, that dresses/skirts were appropriate forms of clothing for women and trousers for men, was in response to the rapid acceptance of homosexuality in Western societies. They were afraid that, failing a clear demarcation between the sexes, homosexual impulses would become rampant among the confused.

(A talk by a an Iraqi D.O. with a good sense of humour comes to mind on this subject. Others from Auckland N.Z. may recall him)

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

And BTW, the skirt thing is not so unique to JW's. The Amish and the various Bretheren groups are morally horrified by women in pants.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Getting all dressed up feels wrong to me, too.

I'm going to Lesbos (my South Park name for the bar) tonight, because while changing my style a bit, I inadvertantly got ready to go out! LOL!

Add black toe and fingernail polish and early 70's short flippy hair to my ensemble above, and I'm ready to party!

I do believe in BS'ing with clothing in court and on job interviews.

You must dress a certain way to get your way in those situations.

Oh my goodness, go therefore and HORRIFY!

• talesin
    talesin

No pants allowed in the 70s - Canada

• talesin
    talesin

Oh my goodness, go therefore and HORRIFY!

LOLOL!!!!!!!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

In the business world, it's very common for women to wear trousers. I wear black trousers, as they're easily worn with virtually any type of shirt or blouse. Add a black jacket and you instantly have a business suit.

It seems to only be religious groups that insist on women wearing skirts.

• jeckle
    jeckle

personally I love to see women in anything they like or nothing if they like the female form is beautiful. Tall, short, thck or skinny. but I'm a single guy right now fill in the blanks. Thank you women I love you all.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

got rid of anything that made me feel JW.... my ex was conservative so didn't have anything "almost fun" so ya got rid of my entire wardrobe

• jeckle
    jeckle

found sheep you are very pretty i bet you make everything look good on you!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yup, the dresses went out with the bookbag and library.

Jeckel, I agree!

So, Found Sheep, how're YOU doin'?

Fancy going to Lesbos with a green, squiggly haired arrow that walks like an Egyptian?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit