The J Dub Culture of Skirt-Wearing

by mummatron 77 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I like to wear short skirts!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ WTBTS NEENER NEENER NEE-NER!!!

*sticks out tongue cause she can wear whatever she wants now and NO ONE has the right to tell her different*

:D

t

• talesin
    talesin

MrFreeze

Right on! :D

• mummatron
    mummatron
    I do miss 'sharp dressed brothers I grew up with'.

Me too, t!

My man is a metal-head, former goth. I've only ever seen him wear a shirt, tie and suit trousers twice in the entire time I've known him.

• mummatron
    mummatron
    That begs the question ladies, which do you prefer to wear, pencil or flowy skirts?

Neither really. Trust me to be awkward, lol. Before I had my 2 babies I used to wear a denim mini with black lycra leggings (see WT$, I may be worse than Worldly but I can still be modest, ha!) and Uggs, or flip-flops or wedges in summer. I have a gothic skirt for dressing up on nights out but haven't worn that since I was 20 weeks pregnant with my son. Since having the 2 little 'uns I have a black tulip skirt and a couple of sweater dresses that I wear with leggings but that's it really.

Shock horror, ***news flash*** I bought a maxi dress last week! Might return it though...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Empty,

You sound like a friend I had in Delaware. She was hippy/boehemian.

I was going through old (2000) pictures of me in college in tie dye and beads and long hair.

Brought back the memories of how I felt back then, so much more true to myself.

That was during the first time I tried to leave the troof.

Just now, I decided to resurrect that style I dropped after going back to the vomit.

Clothes and jewelry:

Blousy cotton tank with tatting work appliques.

Straight leg jeans (need bellbottoms to complete the look:).

Flat sandals (need some Berkenstocks to complete look:)

Macromet(ay?) and wooden bead headband

Wooden beaded bracelet

Peace in silver earrings and gage 2 blue swirls.

Nose and tongue jewelry

Isn't it great to be able to dress the way we want to, now?

No fashion police anywhere.

I think Stacy and Clinton oughta be shot.

• Diest
    Diest

I blame the WTS for my love of women in skirts....especially pencil skirts . All of those meetings left me loving a dressed up lady.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I like baby doll soft goth on women.

I really liked the Tiffany killer doll style.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

God, I still have all my Laura Ashley dresses and skirts. Church was the reason the women used for buying them. I love sophisticated and dramatic but a large part of me is still stuck on pretty. I collect lace.

I left a long time ago. Funny, I don't recall being told not to wear pants. They seemed too casual and I wanted an excuse to dress. Dressing well and appropriately was paying respect to God. Society has changed drastically. Well-tailored trousers are much more dressy than a casual dress.

I always thought Chinese shoes for women were toddler sized. When I finally saw them in a museum, I passed out. They were about three inches. Crippled feet used to be a sexual fetish for the Chinese. You can't even run from fire. All the women were in shock and consoling each other. The sheer hatred of men towards women and making them the other was never more clear to me.

Jeans would be rude. Trousers make a lot of sense. Katherine Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy trousers. Do the brothers think a sister's genitalia will grow outward and threaten men if her legs are covered? Trousers cover more body parts than dresses or skirts.

They live on their own planet.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I dress in three modes. 1. corporate - a skirt suit, sheath dress with Hermes scarves. 2. Laura Ashley- English country, blazers. 3. casual hippie/rocker.

I've always loved fashion. Used to sew my own clothes from Vogue patterns. I was an original hippie. It is funny to see it recycled now. I also love vintage, esp. Art Deco.

I am sucker for lace. and blue and white patterns. As I grew older, I veered towards hard corporate. People don't pay for a young English country lass. Pencil skirts are more sophisticated. A friend broke the dress code in high school wearing jeans. I had the best jeans in school. We'd travel to Greenwich Village where I bought a lot of hippie stuff, but also British Fab Four mod. The mod was my favorite look.

Pencil skirts are very revealing. Pencils skirts reveal more than pants.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I ditched all of my skirts, save one or 2 black ones (shortish) for job interviews. I despise dresses and getting "dressed up". It feels all wrong on me. I'm a jeans and t-shirts kinda gal.

I DID wear denim skirts to meetings and assemblies. Hell, I'm always in jeans, and I'd be damned if they were gonna tell me I couldn't wear them in SKIRT FORM!

It's just behavior control, through and through. To pick on not only the type of clothing, but the colors and materials, is very cultish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit