This past weekend I lost my mom

by lola28 51 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

So so sorry

Lost my uncle this weekend, too.

Hurts badly, I know.

Do what you need to do to get through this sad time.

I can't imagine losing my mom.

• Gayle
    Gayle

dear Lola, I share a tear with you now also. I lost my mom to insidious cancer (hodgkins) in 1970. Still miss her terribly, always.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sorry for your loss, Lola.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sorry to hear your loss. It took me many years to recover from the loss of my mom. For the first year it really through me for a loop. So I really feel for you. One important point is to never isolate yourself from your friends who can comfort and understand you.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her
    -unknown

very sorry to hear of your loss...
    i hope you finds means to comfort
    and be comforted... sincere condolences

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Lola. What helped when our mom died was the mutual support of my brothers and sisters. Be good to your sisters, and let time ease the pain, until only fond memories remain.

• Glander
    Glander

My sympathy and sincere condolences. As others have said, grief and time will bring things to a place you can accept.

Gregor

• still thinking
    still thinking

Lola...your loss reminds me of the pain and grief of losing my mother to cancer too....it is such a difficult time and no words can truly describe those empty feelings and feelings of loss....my experience was also one of feeling very alone...

It has taken a while, but I no longer feel the intense grief that once was. I sometimes feel sadness when I remember. But time does heal and allow us to regain joy in our lives. My thoughts are with you....if I could I would give you a hug and cry with you....

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Focus on the all the good times and thingsd you were able to have together.

Take comfort in the fact that you have family, and most importantly siblings to be there with you and for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit