This past weekend I lost my mom

by lola28 51 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

The cancer finally got to her and now my sisters and I are left without our mother. We take comfort only in knowing that she is no longer in pain. How do people move on from such a massive loss?

Lola

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Speaking from experience (my mother had breast and lung cancer), it takes time.

Allow yourself to grieve - you have just lost one of your parents so it's a major emotional loss. You will find yourself crying for no reason weeks or months from now - it's perfectly normal to do this.

I know it's hard, but over time you will move on. Nothing ever replaces your natural mother. Be sure to remember the good times - happy memories are a comfort even though you will miss her.

Hang in there, and if you ever need to post about your feelings, don't be shy. Many of us have lost our mothers to death.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Sorry to hear that Lola. What Broken said and also ... "be with your feelings" don't fight them, accept them. Your mom is still with with us.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Lost a parent of my own to cancer recently as well. The disease had been taking its toll for awhile so it didn't sneak up on me and I think that helped me to prepare for the inevitable. "Be with your feelings" is good advice.

• umadevi
    umadevi

Sorry Lola, you must be going through a hard time now. I lost my mom last year. I still find it's difficult at times to talk about her without giving in to tears. It takes time....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, Lola, you are one of my favorites from JWD/JWN. I remember when I lost my own dear mother. I wanted to go with her, it was so sad. Time heals. When you are feeling better, check out making a free memorial for her online. I made one for my mother and brother. It helped me heal a lot.

Maybe right now, your mother is thinking these lyrics and wishes she could get this message to you. A beautiful song from the point of view of someone who has passed over to the other side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeMQViFz1o

• FlyingHighNow
  • ambersun
    ambersun

(((((((((((((Lola)))))))))))))) my heart goes out to you and your sisters at this really sad time. I lost my lovely dad a few years ago after a long battle with cancer and I know how painful it is. As others have said, go with your feelings and allow yourself the time you need to grieve.

Please be assured that the pain does ease with time.

Deepest condolences and much love to you and your sisters

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Sincere condolences to you all.

jlp

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Lola)))))))

We lost our mother in 2005.

With time, the pain does ease.

In the meantime, cry, curse, scream, rant, rave ...

You and sisters are in my prayers.

Love.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit