I had my first encounter with JW's at my door! I was called an apostate!

by Desert Rat 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I have found the Mormons to be more pleasant to deal with than the JWs who call at my door:

- at least the LDS will take a polite "no thanks" for an answer. They do this happily, too, and for the right reasons

i.e. out of respect for your feelings - not as an excuse to run away (like the JWs will do as soon as they detect that they have encountered somebody who is going to prove to be a little too hot to handle!)

And, yes, the Witnesses are quick to pick up on an "Apostate." I once made the error of telling a pair of them the I "probably knew more about their religion than they did." On reflection, that may not have been an error, actually; as they sure turned and ran very quickly!

Bill.

• Reality79
    Reality79

It shows how pathetic and stupid these people are. It never once occurs to them that in this information age there actually people who know a little bit about their religion. Either that, or the apostate accusation is just an easy copout because they know good and damn well they can't answer half the questions posed to them.

There was a youtube video with some guy debating witnesses who wasn't even an ex-JW but simply said "Governing Body" in the conversation and the rude cow said to her accomplice "he's an apostate, let's go" and abruptly walked off. This has happened to a lot of people who aren't even ex-JWs. So much for giving a "good witness" when YOU show up to someone's door uninvited then have the nerve to call the person names and immediately put an abrupt end to the conversation. Then they complain about "persecution" when people finally tell them to f*** off after having dealt with that kind of behaviour.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's another great example of the two-faced nature of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society.

On the one hand they constantly praise themselves for the great worldwide "witness" they have been giving for 130+ years. On the other hand, whenever they encounter anyone who already knows about the organization but who isn't a JW, they label the person as "apostate." Their OWN literature damns them yet they're shocked when they discover people who actually have read the crap.

Why shouldn't they be two-faced, though? Even the corporation(s) themselves have two sides. There is the religion - Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and there is the business - Watchtower Society of NY (or PA as the case may be).

They're two-faced from the top down.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Witnesses are the apostates, distorting Christianity of its core features and having the audacity to call themselves Christians.

I don't think one lines work. The issue is obedience to authority. It would be possible for the Witnesses to teach their doctrines without being a cult that controls every aspect of people's lives. If Witnesses were rational, they would not be Witnesses. Witnesses don't need the truth. They need deprogamming. Notice how they run from any opposition. It shows how fragile they are.

• Ding
    Ding

Anyone who knows too much about how the organization works is considered an apostate these days.

• jay88
    jay88

Why shouldn't they be two-faced, though? Even the corporation(s) themselves have two sides. There is the religion - Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and there is the business - Watchtower Society of NY (or PA as the case may be).

They're two-faced from the top down.

I am over the doctrine,......I would rather learn how the business operates,.......

• Ding
    Ding

Put up a big "Beware of Apostate" sign in the window and they won't trouble you again...

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

I'm sure I could have handled it much better. Maybe if I had seen them pull up, I could have given myself a moment to compose a conversation, rather than shooting from the hip so blatantly as I did, being put on the spot as I was. I have to admit, it was fun staring into her eyes as her mind was scrambling trying to figure out how to answer the question I had posed. I enjoyed telling her she was screwed with either answer she did give me!

I left almost 20 years ago. But back when I went door to door, I felt like if I asked a question, I'd better be prepared to listen to, and refute the answer I got! Not label that person and run! After all, the purpose for being there, was there to change that persons way of thinking about my religion and bring them into it.

Ding... The sign would work on some--but not all I am afraid. There was a house back in the day that had a sign that said-- "Trespassers will be shot. JW's will be shot twice for effect!" We had one gung-ho person that loved to call at that house just because of the sign!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I have my own move (and fade) coming up. If they ever call, I was thinking about telling them that they're apostates and God would be displeased if I talked to them.

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

Billy... I was thinking about telling them that they're apostates and God would be displeased if I talked to them.

LOL Now thats an idea!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit