I had my first encounter with JW's at my door! I was called an apostate!

by Desert Rat 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Good job, DesertRat! I find the way they run from "apostates" to be humorous. Like we're going to mind-rape them or something.

It's interesting how they cannot and will not see past the WTBTS bullshit and come to terms with the fact that truth can and does stand strong when you hold it up to the light of scrutiny. If the WTBTS was the truth, then they should have no fear of someone challenging their doctrines. They should be more than happy to refute it...but they can't. They aren't equipped to do so because, point blank, they don't really KNOW their bible, only what the Washtowel Babbling Crap Society tells them the bible says and means and it's backed up by canned cherry-picked scriptures that are taken way out of context in order to support their theology.

When I used to try to talk to my mom sensibly, it turned into her running to get a publication off the shelf to prove a point to me. Little does she understand that she can't prove jack shit with a WTBS publication. Just because some printery in Brooklyn says such-and-such is so, that does not automatically make it fact. But they can't see that. Because they don't worship any god (which would be so much more noble in my eyes, even though I'm an Atheist), they worship a publishing corporation who claims to channel god.

If some homeless man on the street claimed he could channel god, he'd be on a very short trip to a padded room where they'd fit him with a nice little jacket that makes him hug himself. Yet for "generations" ( ) the WTBTS's Governing Body has claimed just that...a slew of men over the more than 100 years since Russell started his Studies in the Scriptures has claimed they are god's one sole channel of communication on earth. Well, if that's the case, then that's a pretty crappy channel...you know, the ones with all the snow that sometimes blend into the next channel so you get a mix of messages?

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

I was amazed to be labeled as an apostate so quick in our conversation! Kind of shocked actually! But, if that is what is being crammed down their throats right now, I can see where they would jump to that conclusion and 'judge' me. Guess we'll see if they come back, or if they skip the 'evil apostate' next time!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've had people online label me an apostate as soon as I say the word "disfellowshipped" or the phrase "Governing Body". They know that non-JW's are for the most part unaware of these terms that are used almost exclusively by JW's and those associated with them. "Newly interested ones" have no idea about DFing and, in fact, no mention of it is made in the Bible Teach book, which is the first book they study (and are allowed to get dunked after finishing it). So many JW's learn of the policy AFTER they sign on the dotted line, so to speak. So for a "worldly person" to know about disfellowshipping...well, it kind of sets off their Apostate Spidey Senses.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I had Jdubs at my door a month ago. I told them I did not agree with certain things, blah, blah, and was nice and left it at that. They reported my words to someone, and it was then reported to the PO of my old hall, who landed on my street last Monday (see my thread about being ambushed).

They actually brought up the conversation to me with the women at my door. These people are completely pathetic.

• steve2
    steve2

Sheesh, you're minding your own business and THEY come to YOUR door and call You an apostate. Like

you were bothering them or something. LOL

Now come on, she wasn't minding her own business - she wasted no time in going for the jugular. Kapow!

If she had been minding her own business she would have said a polite but firm, "I'm not interested, thank you" and simply closed the door and retuirned to her painting.

• nugget
    nugget

How rude and contemptable to label you and leave. It shows how in their lifeworld they have the right to judge others and insult you. On the outside you can see it.

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

I disagree with your analysis Steve! I was in my home, they approached me. I did state that I was very familiar with their teachings and told them NO THANK YOU! She was the one who persued the issue by asking what I was 'at odds' with. I gave her the first of many of my reasons for knowing that her religion is full of crap!! If she had not wanted to hear what I had to say- then she should have kept her mouth shut and moved on!!

I agree Nugget-- They took the role of God, because they pronounced judgement on me!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I found a one page wt leaflet in my mail box, something about ruining the earth. I ripped it up into as small pieces as possible, and spread it on the end of the driveway, like confetti. Looked kinda cool.

S

• steve2
    steve2
    I was in my home, they approached me. I did state that I was very familiar with their teachings and told them NO THANK YOU!

I hadn't realized that you had already told them 'No thank you' so I take back my comments. I'm still wondering though whether you disclosed too much, given your circumstances (i.e., painting). I grant that you shouldn't have to fudge an issue, but given your priorities that day were painting, a real firm 'No thank you' even without explanation, and followed by actually closing the door usually has a high likelihood of success.

I'm thinking of what I'd have done, I suppose, and if I were in the middle of a big task, I'd have made it very clear 'No thank you'. The trouble with saying anything further is a bit like unintentionally offering them a hook to keep talking and pursuing a topic. Still, I concede you had said 'No thank you' and they should have listened. I agree with an earlier poster who said the JW had no right to label you. She could have kept her judgement to herself - at least until they had both departed from your property.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Dear such and such Kingdom Hall. Two women from your organization visited my home today. I was extremely busy painting and told them no thank you, but they continued the conversation. I disagreed with something they said and they called me an apostate. I don't even know what that means or why they would call me names, but could you please advise your followers that if they continue to come to my door and call me names, I will have to notify the police. Should I expect further abuse in my new home?

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit