Who Do You Think Are Overrated Singers Or Movie/TV Stars?

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The best actors are usually not big stars. They're too good at their craft to ever get pigeon holed into one charactrer or genre.

This is true - character actor Lloyd Nolan comes to mind as a great actor who was never a star. One of the Ferrari guys who was in the motion picture industry at the time said he was legendary in the business for getting his takes perfectly right the very first time with never a retake needed.

For those who may not remember who he was, among many other pictures, he played the Admiral who was Rock Hudson's commander in Ice Station Zebra.

• undercover
    undercover
    he played the Admiral who was Rock Hudson's commander in Ice Station Zebra.

And another good actor in that same movie who was never a star on Hudson's level was Patrick McGoohan. King Edward the Longshanks in Braveheart, for the younger crowd.

Rock Hudson was a movie star, but not a great actor.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Jennifer Lopez is WAAAAAY overrated.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Brad Pitt. Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Anniston, Kardashians. Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears. There are so many overrated.

I attend rock conerts frequently. When a bank like the WHO performs, I realize how atrocious other stuff is. I don't like Christina A, Basically, I deplore pop music. I am such a Beatles fan and believe McCartney is a genius. Yet many of his songs are embarassments.

The entire cast of Grey's Anatomy.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ditto Rock Hudson. He walked through is roles. HIs publicist deserved the credit. Lloyd Nolan was good. Patrick McGoohan was excellent.

Alan Rickman is superb. Philip Seymour Hoffman. Tom Hanks- great,

Russell Crowe is great. I always liked Sam Waterston.

I wish I knew the Broadway crowd better. Stage is not as accessible as TV and film.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Frank Sinatra Sr: his son was far more handsome and charismatic. Both his kids were more talented. I have heard that Frank Sr. was jealous of Frank Jr. and treated him badly. See why in this clip. Jr. was a much more delectable version of Sr. Watch him wink at 1:09. I saw that as a little girl. He has the same melty effect on me today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nloWIOWZ0

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Selena Gomez, the child cannot sing a bit. It's so sad when she tries to sing live.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, etc. and all the other crap bubble gum bands/singers.

Kristen Stewart, Zach Effron, etc. and all the other crap eye candy "actors".

Undercover is right...there are good actors and then there are stars, rolled out like shiny products. Applies to music as well. Hard to have much respect for an artist that doesn't write their own stuff AND play an instrument.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think Tom Cruise, how do you spell it? He is overrated. I think the only movie he did that was good was Rain Man.

Most of today's pop singers, and that includes country singers, are overrated. It's hard to tell the difference at times between country and pop. It's all sickening.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

The Jersey Shore people. Snooki is borderline gross, and The Situation is not all that hot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit