The impossible delusion of evolution

by brotherdan 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• whereami
    whereami

That was a great video thetrueone, thanks. Hitch is great.

• cofty
    cofty

The Dark Side of Charles Darwin written by a man whom I believe is a former member of the WTS - Jerry Bergman. Have put it on my own "wish list" to read in the future. - saltyoldlady

Jerry Bergman is an ex-jw and one of the most stupid, infantile apologists for creationism on the planet. His simplistic, evolution = Hitler, way of thinking is moronic and his references, quotes and arguments are exactly the kind we have seen used in this thread.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Someone reeeeeally loves the bible! oh God. There is no argument that will convince someone who wont hear the argument. And presenting a new argument wont change the mind of someone who is not interested in analyzing the evidence.

Some people want to find the truth of things, others are not interested in any other truth than what they already have.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Jerry Bergman is an ex-jw and one of the most stupid, infantile apologists for creationism on the planet. His simplistic, evolution = Hitler, way of thinking is moronic and his references, quotes and arguments are exactly the kind we have seen used in this thread.

Cofty, I met Jerry Bergman at a conference in 2009 sponsored by BRCI.org (ex-JW's). His talks were exactly as you describe. I wanted to comment so at the conference, but he was so into himself and his bashing of evolution that I didn't bother.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

But in your other post you were crying and renounced God because your wife had a seizure. Now you're renouncing evolution. Get your head together...

Its a sad, sad day when alice tells you to get your shit together LMAO!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Its a sad, sad day when alice tells you to get your shit together LMAO!"

My sentiments exactly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you for my busta gut laugh of the day.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Word.

• tec
    tec

Dan, one day you will look back on this dark period in your life, and you might be embarrassed or ashamed. But the important thing is that you'll be looking back from a much better place. Because you've survived and kept going. You'll learn that you can survive terrible crisis, because you will have done so already.

Take comfort in the fact that you are not abnormal or anything, either, despite getting a lot of harsh critiques. I know of others (a good friend once), who went through personal crisis and really experienced emotional meltdowns all over the place. Until the storm passed, that is, and she was calm (and a bit embarrassed, though there is no need for that, but I understand it).

You'll be fine. You won't always be in this darker place. You will be happy and at peace again. (and even love again, though that might be hard to hear right now)

Tammy

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    JohnnyTwoFeet: I read all the way through this thread and now I no longer believe in gravity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit