Here in the UK - a £3 fee charged for going to JW assembly hall

by James_Slash 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Collections are one thing, specific and regular donations are another. It could be that tax laws are being bent. Render onto Caesar, and all that stuff ....

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Wow, that would mean a family of five it would cost US $50 for a two day assembly!

As if the WTBTS actually cares about the poor among them, dear baltar (peace to you!). This is an organization that will let one group of its members sit out in the burning sun for hours rather than build them a KH... and another contribute the equivalent of a year's wages so that they can brag to those in more affluent countries "Do you see what your poorer brothers did? You should be giving MORE!"... while they charge interest on money "loaned" to build a KH... which money was contributed to the KH Bldg. Fund by the very ones they're now loaning it to in the first place... while THEY buy up prime real estate all over the world. They... don't.. give... a... damn. It's just unfortunate that those who still put their faith in them don't know/can't SEE that.

Chuckie Bucks

Now THAT's funny!

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    But I can remember early 80s hearing announcements of what the per Publisher™ rate was as a suggested Contribution™,

I remember that. They told us we were "assessed" a certain amount per publisher, and is precisely the reason why I refused to "donate" anything.

They brag about not passing a collection plate while putting out more "donation" boxes than you can shake a stick at. I'm surprised they haven't put them in the washrooms yet.

W

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I made like 10 contributions in TOTAL over all the years I was a witness. And when I started fading I was helping the accounts servent so I got my money back... With interest!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    Structures and appliances within need maintenance, repair, remodel, replacement, supplies, etc.

Like OUTLAW said...

Everything is Donated by JWs..Labour..Time..Materials..Money..ECT..ect..

And let us not forget the "parking fee" scams of past years, and the monies they made from the "food services" - charging $4 - $5 for "food tickets" which purchased - if a JW was lucky - a hot dog, bun, some potato salad and a sliver of dill pickle...

For that amount of money, one could get a decent sandwich from Subway, or something delicious from the local grocery store's deli...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/3768/1/scams-scams-and-more-scams

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/77406/1/The-Best-of-WTS-Finances

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/171841/1/I-Finally-Understand-the-Kingdom-Hall-Scam

• Scully
    Scully

They brag about not passing a collection plate while putting out more "donation" boxes than you can shake a stick at. I'm surprised they haven't put them in the washrooms yet.

Don't give them any ideas!!! FFS, the next @$$embly you'll see an ATM slot that requires a donation before you can get any toilet paper.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Toilet paper is already provided by the Faithful and Discreet Slave™ through its Governing Body™

and is paid for by Voluntary Donations® to the Worldwide Work®.

That toilet paper is called The Watchtower®

Snakes (Rich )

• watson
    watson

Not good MKR.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

MKR... have to agree with Watson on that one.... as much as you may not like Watchtower, et al., what you did was theft.

back to topic... what, Herd as the Charmin bear... no one thinks that is funny? I know my artistic talent is limited but... sniff sniff LOL

Snakes (Rich )

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Hey, it's not a collection plate--that's a cover charge! What's next, a two-drink minimum?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit