Here in the UK - a £3 fee charged for going to JW assembly hall

by James_Slash 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Thanks for the info Cantleave and Jookbeard.

The last time I was anywhere near Dorking was just over 2 years ago, my son had a little reception in Brockham village hall which is a little village close to Dorking.

LI

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow, that would mean a family of five it would cost US $50 for a two day assembly! If they start this over here, it will be ignored trust me.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow, that would mean a family of five it would cost US $50 for a two day assembly! If they start this over here, it will be ignored trust me.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Question for you, DY. What if the Jehovah's Witness is married to a Worldly and the Worldly doesn't like the idea of contributing the equivalent of $5 US per day, and they're already having to stretch their money? Do you think there might be the possibility of a little marital discord?

• baltar447
    baltar447

There are many that think $20 for a family of 4 for the whole DC is more than adequate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Structures and appliances within need maintenance, repair, remodel, replacement, supplies, etc.
    We went over this before in another thread some days ago. The contribution is quite modest, really......DY..

Everything is Donated by JWs..Labour..Time..Materials..Money..ECT..ect..

The WBT$ wants more..

If you were`nt so full of Sh*t..

You wouldn`t have so many Brain Farts..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Scully
    Scully

They have been announcing a "suggested" per diem contribution per publisher for use of KHs and Assembly Halls™ in Canada since before I left.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Hmmm. When did you leave, Scully? Was it Canada-wide?

• Scully
    Scully

We left in the mid-90s. But I can remember early 80s hearing announcements of what the per Publisher™ rate was as a suggested Contribution™, both at the KH and Assembly Hall™, usually as part of the Accounts Report™. It was something my family, in particular, paid attention to, because my dad was the Congregation™'s Accounts Servant™ for a long time.

• Listener
    Listener

To be fair, there are those that want to know what their fair share is so being told an amount is helpful.

The org should not be claiming that they do not take up collections.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit