Name a 'Bad Elder, CC, DO.' !!!

by Mr Bean 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr Bean
    Mr Bean

Sorry.... I'm chicken shit, OK?

Bwahahahahahaha...

• AMarie
    AMarie

There was a certain elder in the Lancaster East Congregation, Lancaster, Ohio. He made a small contribution to me leaving the JWs. When I was a teenager, I was confused, lost and making stupid mistakes. Of coarse, I turned to the loving Elders and talked to them about my problems. He was one of the two I spoke with. He ended up blabbing confidental things to one of the Ministerial Servants, John. John's son, Kevin was a very good friend of mine and told me everything the elder had told his father. He had blabbed everything; Details I didn't want anybody knowing. I was so pissed off that I called him to confront him about the matter, and he basically lied to me straight faced, trying to candy coat what he had said.

Another Elder at the Lancaster East Congregation, Lancaster, Ohio. Besides it being a well known fact that he physically abused 4 of his seven kids when they were young, he was another elder who was very judgemental. My two sisters and I went to High School with many of his kids, and our house was along their route home. However, he would not let them give us rides to and from school. The reason? He didn't want his kids giving rides to "those Tigner girls". My two sisters and I had each made mistakes as teenagers, which we confessed to the elders and repented for. He wasn't going to let us live our reputations down though. We each made one mistake and we would be forever viewed as sluts in his eyes. The ironic thing about it is that his kids were no angels. They just knew how to lie and cover their tracks.

AMarie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    . Besides it being a well known fact that he physically abused 4 of his seven kids when they were young

A "well-known fact" in that he was convicted, or a "well-known fact" of the potentially libellous sort?

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• AMarie
    AMarie

FunkyDerek:

"A "well-known fact" in that he was convicted, or a "well-known fact" of the potentially libellous sort?"

Neither actually. It was known because his kids would come to the meeting crying and bruised up. Two of them actually confided in some of the young people in our congregation about the situation. Nothing was done about it though. We young people didn't know WHAT to do, while the older people turned a blind eye.

AMarie

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Come on, folks, do we really want to do this?

• AMarie
    AMarie

Frenchy said:

"Come on, folks, do we really want to do this?"

You are right Frenchy. Perhaps it isn't the most mature thing to do and could also be harmful to lurkers. I will discontinue the subject for the sake of the lurkers, but am I sorry that I am bashing evil JWs that I used to know? Not at all. It is very rare that I make blanket statements about those in the JW religion and it is also rare that I knit pick at petty little things that I disagree with. I may not agree with their teachings, but I have nothing against them as a whole. They are entitled to their opinions just as much as I am entitled to mine.

However, the men I mentioned above I have a real problem with. They made life hell for me and countless others I knew. Unfortunately, I still am dealing with the backlash of things they said and did. They themselves never held their tongue when it came to slandering others and unfortunately, some of the horrible things they said were believed by many because they were elders.

Perhaps these are things from the past that I need to get over. Maybe it's not the most mature thing to talk about. However, how do we get over our experiences with the JWs if we can't talk about them to anyone?

AMarie

• Patriot
    Patriot

William Flores: Spanish Cong. NYC
    elder who stepped down upon being found out that he was sexually molesting his neice for years. He disappeared into the sunset and of course the body of elders did nothing about it.

Frenchy, whats the big deal? I see it like the Meagans' law. Im just doing my public service at letting others know about the pedophiles in the area. In case you don't remember it's the LAW.

Regarding every other crime and unmoral act, you can disput that with the others.

Mav.- who's seriously late for work

• shecky2
    shecky2

you people are idiots. you know this could be construed as slander? do you know that the owner of this forum could be sued for this kind of shit? quit it for fucks sake!!!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

What constitues a "bad" elder or overseer? In my opinion, the critera includes the following items;

1. Abusing the friends and taking unfair advantage of "unrighteous riches" such as borrowing and receiving "free" services because of spiritual appointment, like: free auto-repair, rent-free storage & apartments, borrowing tools, machinery, equipment & electronics, asking for gifts of money, etc.

2. Another criteria is criticizing and judging the personal sacrifice and hardwork involved in acquiring such services, while taking advantage of them. For example, giving hard-hitting talks about working overtime while borrowing things from people that work overtime. Or, criticizing the number of possessions in people's homes, while accepting the hospitality of people with finer things.

3. The "split-personality" syndrome is another criteria. When in need, these overseers will in fact establish contact with "inactive" ones, "less-active" or "moderately-active" ones just to make "use" of their unrighteous riches, and of course for "spiritual purposes".
    Then, after contact is established, and the service is borrowed and transferred, they return to "keeping a safe spiritual distance" from such ones in the congregation and in public.

You have seen it before, the overseer who knows from the body of elder's comments that you are mostly inactive or only partially active (the submarine that surfaces at the memorial), but the overseer heard you have "nice things", a "nice home", "money", audio-visual or computer equipment they would like to use for a demonstration or an assembly part. Perhaps they want to borrow your truck to pick things up, or move things, or borrow your "nice new car". Then, you are a complete stranger at the meeting.

AND ABOVE ALL ELSE, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE GOVERNING THESE SITUATIONS, YOU ARE TO KEEP THE TRANSACTION/BUSINESS QUIET!!! NEVER TELL THE FRIENDS THE OVERSEER IS USING YOUR RESOURCES!

I have edited the names for the protection of SIMON and to avoid litigation or legal consequences, respecting the wishes and sound advice from other members. Thank you all for bringing this to my attention as well.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Of course, one more thing....You shouldn't be angry or feel used/abused or taken advantage of in these matters. Why?

Well, we're told we all can't be pioneers or overseers, so we all contribute what we can to kingdom service. Just thought I would throw that in before any apologetics run wild.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit