It's time to say goodbye to JWD - I sold it !

by Simon 54 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

A week or so ago I posted that the forum was 15 years old (15 Years of Jehovahs-Witness.com) and hinted that there may be some news to announce about the site:

I also may have some other news to share soon about the future of the site so stay posted

Well, now I can announce it - I sold it !

I really never thought I would especially after putting so much work into the recent upgrade but I received a very good offer for it and it turned out to be legit.

Now the bit that I think is going to piss a few people off: I sold it to the Watchtower.

They have been really pushing their online presence and it seems they are keen to buy up some of the main related domain names / sites. It's not clear yet if they are going to keep the forum open to all - it may be locked down to current JWs only through an identity system they are introducing to reduce links and verify genuine members.

I know many will be disappointed to hear I sold it, especially to them, but after 15 years I think I need to put my family's future first and I doubt anyone else would ever pay what they were willing to for it.

So long, farewell, goodbye.

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

Good one Simon. Is the sale going through on 1 April next year?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Nice April Fool's joke!

• sir82
    sir82

So sad,,,,

JWD date of death, April 1, 2015....

• a watcher
    a watcher
    LOL!
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Good one!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Happy Aprils fools Simon

• Simon
    Simon

Damn, I worked so hard on that, literally for minutes, and no one fell for it at all ?!?

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I bet you would be tempted though if they offered you tens of millions lol xxx
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well to be honest Simon you had me a for a second.

Good One,

There's probably a few who are going to spit up their morning Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit