It's time to say goodbye to JWD - I sold it !

by Simon 54 Replies latest forum announcements

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Simon? It's about time you dumped this apostate ridden slam fest and gone on to better things. Do you really want to start up a Uber like service with exclusively exJW drivers? Good luck with that one.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    OK Simon after 30 years being watchtower free, I am going back and beg the elders to reinstate me. I would love to see the Watchtower buy this site. I guess it wouldn't be long before they restricted my posting ability.
  • pronomono
    pronomono

You had me until Watchtower, lol.

First thought was that you sold the old .net domain name. Then it clicked.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    You had me for a few seconds until I remembered it was April fools day. Good one.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Nope, I didn't fall for it.

By the way, is the reason you kept jehovahs-witness.com while we were jehovahs-witness.net have anything to do with keeping that name out of the Watchtower's hands?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

While you are sitting back having a good laugh, there is a team of lawyers in watchtower land wondering who bought this site. You did not make this a pleasant day for the Watchtower.

BTY - I am sure you realize that there is a significant monetary value for the website "jehovahs-witnesses.com." When the time is right they will pay a lot of money for the URL. Consider that transaction your retirement fund.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    You threw me into a panic, Simon!!! Happy April Fools day to you, too...you got me!
  • Listener
    Listener
    I'm throwing a bunch of easter eggs at you and they are the ones with the gooey caramel stuff inside.
  • Simon
    Simon
    If two WT lawyers knocked on your door with a laptop and a contract in their hands and would transfer 30 million dollars to the bank of your choice right then and there, and you could verify it, would you sell? Only 10 minutes to decide, no time to warn anybody

Are they US dollars? No zimbabwe or monopoly money?

If so, hell yes! LOL

i mean, i love you all ... but with that money I could buy new friends!

Glad (but also slightly disappointed) that people were too fooled by it for too long.

By the way, is the reason you kept jehovahs-witness.com while we were jehovahs-witness.net have anything to do with keeping that name out of the Watchtower's hands?

Partly, it was more to do with how the various hosting changeover happened that I ended up using .net for the main site. The .com version is much better / more valuable and now the traffic and SEO profile isn't split between them.

• stillin
    stillin
    Love the irony! Maybe one day this will really happen! Then all of the posters can talk about how encouraging everything is, instead of what a downer the WTS is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit