It's time to say goodbye to JWD - I sold it !

by Simon 54 Replies latest forum announcements

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good one, Simon.

You won't be catchin me off guard next April....I'm on to you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

but after 15 years I think I need to put my family's future first and I doubt anyone else would ever pay what they were willing to for it.

Here's Br. Lett (you can recognize him by his eyebrows and pinky ring) making his final offer:

• Protarded
    Protarded

Good. "Prayerfully" this AWEFULL, website will be bought out with the congregations funds. And when our newly rich friend dies at Olive Garden, I mean armagett'n. I call dibs on your house.... P.S. please opt. For the indoor sauna. I'll still pray for you.

signed,

your future landlord.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Good one!

It would have been funnier if you said you sold it for a large, specific amount of $. You know, for all those people who think you're getting rich off this site. ;)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Jerk.

(In other words, you got me.)

Happy anniversaries.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Simon what's the lowest price you would sell this site to the WT corporation? I'm thinking hey give it to them for a nice profit and then if you feel inclined just make a new one and email all members the new location. BTW I'm glad you were only April fooling.
  • Listener
    Listener

You've got a good point there Brokeback but this site is a lot more than just current members and no doubt the WTBTS would love to take over and wipe all the history.

There are some great sites such as JW Facts but this site has something that other sites don't have. When you try to research any specific JW topic or doctrine this site usually always come up and you can find indepth discussions and logical thoughts with a bit of persistence and research. It is a wonderful tool for this and probably the best out there because there have been so many intelligent and clear thinking people who have contributed. Nothing out there today can replace the history that is on this website and for that alone I think it is priceless.

Thanks Simon for providing and maintaining the forum and to all past, current and future posters, with a few exceptions, of course, but Simon usually manages to weed them out.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

You got a point, Listener, Simon if you sell it keep all the past threads and post for research purposes, what a shame to lose all that.

What happen to this site say if in the near future the Watchtower Corporation went belly up with lawsuits and all the GB drew long prison term for their deviousness. What would happen?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Bloody hell , it does not take much to give us old farts a heart attack you know ,GEEEEZ , I thank the Spahgetti monster it was an April fools joke.

smiddy

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

I had a quick look at who owns South Africa's JW domain (jw.co.za). It was Johnson's Workwear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit