DMCA Complaint from The WatchTower for links to KS-10 'Shepherding' book

by Simon 217 Replies latest forum announcements

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It seems they register some things but not others. So far there is no record of this one

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I don't know why they don't just trust in Jehoobah to remove the content for them ... (barf

Yes, really

I bet the thing that ticks them off the most is that women get to see and read this garbage. Women are not ever supposed to see such secret men crap.

• Listener
    Listener

So what would they be scared and secretive about?

Could one reason be that if they were to be subject to scrutiny that their policies in this book do not stand up to biblical support?

• booby
    booby

Or worse still, legal scrutiny?

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm not blaming anyone, but this website could be gone someday due to an issue like this.

I don't think that's very likely to happen hon. Simon took down the 'offending' links so the Borg has no grounds for trying to shut this site down. If they did, Simon could just open it under a different name......like saaaay "JWD"?

When they got Quotes to shut down his site that they claimed was "embarassing" to them, it was simply opened under a new host in the UK. They haven't pursued it any further, most likely because they realize that it would indeed be like playing 'wack-a-mole' for years on end. Assholes.

Thanks for the PM's everyone. Me thinks I'll be printing off a few copies along with a covering letter like BrotherDan did, and send it out to a few local churces. Surely this is further evidence that Jehovah is blessing my efforts.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mary, could you post a link to the UK version of Quotes? Or at least its name so we can google it? I'd appreciate it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

BrotherDan;

that was a wonderful letter to the Acme church!

• undercover
    undercover

As much as I've enjoyed the cloak and dagger shit, I've been worried about how this could affect not just the hosting sites but this site and other ex-JW forums that linked to the hosting sites.

I think Lady Lee was trying yesterday to give us a subtle hint to be careful, but after seeing Simon's post I think "we" have to be a little more serious about it. Copyright laws are the issue and as much as we may hate the WTS, they technically are in the right for enforcing their rights.

Firstly, out of respect for Simon, and less importantly, to not be so flagrant about abusing copyright laws, it's time to take the operation underground. If people have the files and want to share, do it through pms and emails. It leaves Simon out of it and there's much less risk of getting caught on a personal level.

Thanks for the heads-up, Simon

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Send copies to attorneys and prosecutors dealing with child abuse and human rights issues -- the organization's legal standing is the GB's #1 concern.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower has never to my knowledge responded so quickly to something appearing on the Internet.

The multiple postings of the KS-10 "Shepherding" book has certaintly touched the corporate Eyeball of The Watchtower!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit