snowbird
    Let the reader use discernment.
    Syl, your Watchtower is showing
    -Sab

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

NOTHING on this planet is inerrant. What hubris to even suspect something COULD be!

• agonus
    agonus

Sab, you know LOTR is pretty much just Norse mytho-theology repackaged, right?

• agonus
    agonus

The Word of Odin is indeed inerrant

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I love Tolkien's mythology "Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor" and it really bothers me that in later years as he "found religion" more and more he kind of reneged on it. Glad Christopher still included it in the Silmarillion though.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, you know LOTR is pretty much just Norse mytho-theology repackaged, right?

Maybe so, but Norse mythology does't have Ian McKellen!

-Sab

• agonus
    agonus

Wasn't Tolkien RCC from the beginning? I got the impression he never saw a conflict between his faith and his imagination, just as many Christians today see the trilogy as an allegory for their religion.

Actually the "End of all things" sequence in the ROTK film moved me a hell of a lot more than any WT depictions of Armageddon ever did... in fact what I always envisioned at the conclusion was something very similar

• agonus
    agonus

Oh yeah? Why have Odin and McKellen never been photographed in the same room together?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Actually "Christ" means "anointed"... which quite literally means "painted (or smeared) with oil."

Thank you, dear Agonus (peace to you!). You beat me to it.

Also, dear BroDan (peace to you, as well!)... the Bible is not God's Word. Not at all, by any stretch, none. You have been misled. The Bible TELLS us who God's Word is. God's Word is not a book... or a compilation of books... nor did God order the compilation of such a book. True, there are couple few prophecies which we are told to "read"... some even "aloud"... but they alone do not make up the Bible.

We are sanctified... "by means of [God's] Word"... and [God's] Word... is Truth. (John 17:17)

Thus:

"I am... the Truth." John 14:6

"You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

"Therefore, if the SON sets you free, you will truly BE free." John 8:36

"... that HE might sanctify the people... with his BLOOD (and NOT with the Bible!)..." Hebrew 13:12

"I am sanctifying MYSELF... in THEIR behalf..." John 17:19

"God selected you... from the beginning... for salvation... by SANCTIFYING you... with SPIRIT... and by your FAITH... in the TRUTH." 2 Thessalonians 2:13

"I am... the Truth." John 14:6

"... in order that everyone... exercising FAITH... in HIM..." John 3:16

Like so many others, you have bought into the fallacy... the LIE... that the Word of the Most Holy One of Israel can been contained in a book. He cannot. Because... he is ALIVE... and exerts POWER. A book can only contain some things ABOUT that Word... and even then, only very limited things. Which is why most who CLAIM to know him... who think they are calling on HIM when they say, "Lord, Lord..." do not know him... or call upon him. Because the Bible is a very limited, one-dimensional portrayal... of an unlimited in every way, multi-dimensional being. A dead, flat coin... rather than a vibrant, living sphere.

Thus, even the Bible records that One, God's Word (Revelation 19:13) as saying:

"You are searching the scriptures because you THINK that by means of THEM you will have everlasting life. And these are the ones that bear witness... about ME. Yet, you do not want to come... to ME... that you may have life." John 5:39, 40

But it does not have to be this way - you do not have to continue being blind. You CAN go the One who "sells eyesalve"... holy spirit... and have HIM open your eyes... and your ears. So that you can see... and HEAR... when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... FREE!"

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Whatever one believes, unless it can be concretely detected by the senses or established as fact in some way, requires a measure of faith.

My personal realization was that the desire for definate answers was a downfall as to why I accepted the answers the Watchtower organization was all too willing to offer.

If you have questions pertaining to faith, some of that must be decided on a very personal level, but how can you know? Unfortunately, some are all too willing to provide answers to questions that they shouldn't, and some are all too willing to accept the answers that seem to be logical because they find comfort in having an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit