Are you interested in Bible Congruence?

by sabastious 130 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sometimes The Evil One and ourselves are one and the same.

I believe the Evil One to be an actual person.

Also anointing comes from within as well as without.

Not in the case of Jesus of Nazareth who was chosen by the Father before the foundation of the world.

Just don't want to see anyone oil-paint themselves into a corner.

Thanks.

Remember, we don't make mistakes. We have happy accidents.

Either is entirely human.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't think it's a strawman argument. I'm just pointing out that it was poetic.

Also, while God directed the writing, MEN did do the actual writing. So the scriptures are given from the point of view of men. So to someone looking at the sky during this battle in Joshuas time, it would have APPEARED as if the sun and stopped.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I don't even think the OT and NT people worship the same God; the God's personality is strikingly different from book to book and very much so from OT to NT.

I struggled with this too. But they are not actually different. Different parts of Gods personality are highlighted in different sections. It all comes full circle in Revelation when God destroys the wicked.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Also, while God directed the writing, MEN did do the actual writing.

I understand this, but God DID have as much control as he wanted. I think it's irresponsible to pass golden opportunities to prove the Bible's divinity.

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Also, while God directed the writing, MEN did do the actual writing.

How did God direct the men, specifically, in your opinion?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I struggled with this too. But they are not actually different.

Dan... you just made a thread about your wife refusing to use reason.

The OT and NT are extremely different.

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird
    very much so from OT to NT.

OT - God, in full regalia, if you will.

NT - God, but clothed with humanity.

Big difference.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

How it worked...I don't know. The Bible is not clear on it. It is only clear that they were moved by the Holy Spirit in what they wrote.

• snowbird
    snowbird

BrotherDan, you positively rock!

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

How am I not using reason? I see that the Bible has a clear message throughout. The OT shows God's wrath towards the wicked, but also His desire for people to come to Him. The NT shows God's love for people, and yet His wrath towards those that supress truth. Revelation contains much of the same sort of wrath that God showed towards the godless in the OT. The angels pour out vials of God's anger on those that will not serve Him.

So, I have seen the harmony of the Bible. There are parts I struggle with, I will admit that. But I also recognize that it's not my job to tell God how he is to act or do things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit