Does "God" Exist?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

If" God" the creator of the universe does indeed exist, according to the" Bible"why then is he/she so elusive???The poor people in India beleive in multitudes of gods,and have done so for centuries even before Jesus Christ came on the scene ,why hasn`t God sent prophets to them to set them straight??A similar argument could be said of mainland china,1 in 4 people on earth are chinese??(,at least back in the `70`s that is.)The same argument could be put forward for countless other nationalities in the world.The scripture I love is Psalm 146 :3

Do not put your trust in nobles

Nor in the son of earthling man,to whom no salvation belongs.

And yet what are we expected to beleive ,not something that God has miraculousy revealed to us,but something that a few men (nobles) those of the governing body who have virtually said "trust us "we are telling you what Gods truths are {,and remember this is only to a small select group of people in the world } (the chosen ones )on earth) .Isnt that a contradiction ?? On the one hand we are told not to put our trust in men..... on the other hand we are expected to beleive in the interpretations men,...... the governing body give to scriptures,.....which by the way have proved to be innaccurate time and time again this 20th century

Their are only 7.3 million Jehovah`s Witnesses worldwide,a pittance in the population of the earth,and each year the GAP gets wider and wider .In the most populated regions of the earth JW`s hardly exist.

If God really did exist,And he did indeed LOVE the world that he gave" his only begotten son,"he could have done a helluva lot more to save mankind than what is in the bible. smiddy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    In 1989, Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier was released and I went to see it. At the ending, Bones, Spock and Kirk are speculating about God. Bones asks "Is God really out there?" and Kirk replies "Maybe he's not out there Bones. Maybe he's right here." And Kirk points to his chest where the heart is located.
    That was when I found my answer. It's what makes the most sense.

Funny how Jesus said the samething.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I thought that Jesus instructed his followers to pray, 'Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.'

Jesus said he was going his way to the father who had reserved a place for him in heaven. He said that he, himself was going to prepare a place for his disciples in heaven.

Jesus may have felt love for his God in his heart but that is not where he stated God dwelt. Though I expect there is the odd, contradictory, mistranslated verse that allows Christians to cover all bases; to claim God is whatever, wherever, whenever they want to imagine he is.

Such a shame that damned bible was written to complicate things!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The gods never existed but human ignorance certainly did,

its the realization of this fact that causes so much trouble and despair in are modern era.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The gods never existed

Steady on thetrueone

My Greek & Roman gods are as real as gladiators. It's all the other false gods that we need to beware of.

• dandingus
    dandingus

I cannot prove that "god" exists, and I cannot prove that he/she/it does not.

I only know that everything good or bad that has ever happend to me (or anyone else I know or have ever heard of) has been the result of a choice made by a human or other physical being, or something that can be explained by science.

How do you measure "god"? How can it be observed? God enters the realm of our imagination where anything is possible, but nothing is provable. To quote Star Trek yet again on this thread: Kiri-Kin-Tha's First Law of Metaphysics - "Nothing unreal exists".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit