Does "God" Exist?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I dont Know.. Maybe the Chicken Knows..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes but he's very evil and hates humans.

Whoa..... a bolt of lightening just past in front of me and just about hit me....... see I told you so.

The only way to stop these attacks is to make a burnt offering, I usually just grab one of the neighbors cats,

knock it out then place it on my barbecue letting it smoke and simmer, this usually calms the old man down for at least awhile.

Now where's my baseball bat ?

• wobble
    wobble

Your reference to a bolt of lightning Trueone, reminded me of an old joke:

A golfer, famous for swearing, was playing a round with his friend the Priest, every time he missed a putt he shouted " Damn, missed the bugger !"

After eight or nine of these the priest said "If you keep using profane language like that God will strike you down !"

At the next hole a missed putt resulted in the usual profanity, all of a sudden the clouds rolled back, a thunderbolt shot from the sky, and struck the priest, a loud voice from Heaven was heard to say:

"Damn, missed the bugger !"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good one Wobble

• poppers
    poppers

I think the first thing that should be determined is finding the answer to the question, "Who/what am I?" Everything relates to that question, including the existence of God, because everything is seen in relationship to "me". So, who/what is the "me"? Other than thoughts about "me" what is actually found? After that, see what happens to the question of God's existence.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hell if I know.

I'm of the opinion that over the millenia there have lived people far more brilliant, religious and spiritual than I am. They didn't figure it out. I think we have a right to know the answers to all of the important questions about life. Somebody out there doesn't agree. We're still asking the same questions and coming up empty.

• upnorth
    upnorth

If atheist exist then God must exist

• not a captive
    not a captive

Can I quote you on that, upnorth? That's good.

• upnorth
    upnorth

---not a captive---

Sure

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Why is it that just about all the gods that ever existed or were mentioned occurred thousands of years ago and

absolutely none in are modern times. What made all the gods slowly disappear one by one ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit