• minimus
    minimus

Do you believe in "God" at all?

• littlebird
    littlebird

Yes. My question is "Does Minimus exist?"

• minimus
    minimus

No, Minimus is a figment of littlebird's imagination!

• minimus
    minimus

I think many on this site have "figured out" that "God" makes no sense. I'm not there yet.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Yes, but I think that we are just one small part of a science project. God checks in once and awhile to see how things are going. I think he really enjoys blowing up stars though. It must be the boy in him/her/it.

DV

• skywho
    skywho

IF there is a deity I don't think humans know anything about it, or why we are here.

• wobble
    wobble

I think that "John" who wrote the Letters of John came closest of anyone in the bible to explaining God when he wrote "God is Love"

True love, whether of the romantic kind or altruistic love, when expressed by humans is something of the divine.

Like the lady reported on in the Guardian weekend magazine who gave a kidney to a stranger,for no reward, that is love, that is divine.

God is Love.

I see no proof that God is a being or a person.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

He don't think he exists, but cannot prove it. Even Stephen Hawking stated and I quote "I cannot prove that God doesn't exist, only that he is not necessary".

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

As illustrated by Wobble's response, there are many different ideas about what 'God' is.

Before we can question the existence of God, we have to decide what the concept of 'God' refers to. Are we asking whether there is 'something out there?' Are we deciding if God is as explained in the bible or other holy books. Is God just a feeling in our hearts. Some Christians now refer to God as just a metaphor!

We can never be sure if our search has ended until we are clear what we are looking for.

• skywho
    skywho

Wobble i like that! its very warm and empowering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit