MY BROTHER-IN-LAW HAS DIED

by Mary 126 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mary, what happened with the speaker? Has the funeral happened yet? I hope your sister got what she wanted.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, what happened with the speaker? Has the funeral happened yet? I hope your sister got what she wanted.

No, unfortunately she did not. As I expected, despite my sisters' specific request that the talk be about my brother in law, with a couple of scriptures mentioned at the end about the resurrection, the moronic elder who gave the talk barely mentioned him and instead, used the opportunity to pitch an infomercial for the religion----a move that disgusted me, my other sister, my aunt and uncle and a host of 'worldly' people who attended. Oh, and before the actual funeral, my sister had had a picture of my brother in law on the table up on the platform. The jackass who conducted the talk told her she had to take it down because "it would detract from the spiritual aspect of the talk." My sister was pissed off and said "you've got to be joking", but ended up doing as he said. My other sister nearly told him to f**k-off, she was so angry, but didn't want to add to our sister's anguish. I made sure I told as many "worldly" people there as possible what this elder had requested, just so that they have a really good idea of what this stinking rotten cult is all about.

Unfortunately, my sister is not only mourning her loss, but now feels guilty that they accepted blood as "...it didn't do him any good as he died anyway" and now worries that he "died unfaithful to Jehovah". Every time we try explaining to her that this ban on blood did not come from Jehovah, but rather through Nathan Knorr, she holds her hand up and says "I don't want to hear it". She said one night that she "needs to be a Jehovah's Witness, as that's where she gets her strength and spiritual guidance from." While I don't really care if she chooses to be a Witness or not, I think it's pathetic that she is so brainwashed, she thinks it was somehow 'wrong' to do everything in her power to save his life.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary,

I am sorry for this whole ordeal. Hopefully the funeral, or should I say info-mercial for the WT, serves to help wake her up somehow showing her the true lack of love in the org. I think she is mixed on the blood, and trying to avoid saying the WT is wrong by saying it didn't help. She is hanging on. Not sure where to go from here....I guess unconditional love and showing her life outside the WT prison as much as you can.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mary,

I feel for you and your family, more than words can ever do justice.

I feel for your sister, in this time of need when she shoudl be engulf in the love of all, in the love of our Lord, she is dealing with this.

Sad, very sad indeed.

All we can ever do for those we love is be there for them, and be there to pick up the pieces.

My the lord strengthen you and your family and may your sister see the truth in the grace of God through his son Jesus.

Hang in there Mary, our love is with you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh, and before the actual funeral, my sister had had a picture of my brother in law on the table up on the platform. The jackass who conducted the talk told her she had to take it down because "it would detract from the spiritual aspect of the talk."

Wow... that's pretty low. At my Mom's service, I had several poster boards that I did up with a bunch of pictures of her. Mind you, they were at the back of the room where there was space to set them up. All the attendees, including the JW family, said they really liked them. It was a nice presentation of her over the years.

Why do they have differing procedures on this kind of thing?

I'm so sorry that your sister wasn't able to have a picture of him displayed. I don't think the JWs are truly understanding. I just shake my head.

In reading your account, I have been thinking about my father's service when it is his time to go. I really like the selection of the 1 Corinthians scripture you chose, Mary, simply because it is not what the JWs would use and it is lovely. I am also thinking I may do a completely separate family get together. His JW chronies can have their own get together at the Hall without the family. I am not sure if the JW family will be contacted by them. My cousin might be but I think they usually leave that up to the family. Since none of the family live close to my Dad's place, it would be easy for me to have it at my place or my brother's place. A lot of us aren't JWs. The non-JW cousins outnumber the JW ones in my family.

I will have to discuss this with my brother and see how he feels. Luckily, no JW is going to tell me what I can and can't do at my father's service. If they don't like what I wish to do, they don't have to attend.

• Mary
    Mary

Wow... that's pretty low. At my Mom's service, I had several poster boards that I did up with a bunch of pictures of her. Mind you, they were at the back of the room where there was space to set them up. All the attendees, including the JW family, said they really liked them. It was a nice presentation of her over the years.
    Sorry---I should have been more specific. She did have a few poster boards of him at the back which were really nice and moved many to tears. There was one up there of him and me taken years ago which I had completely forgotten about. I guess that somehow---in the warped mind of this elder, having a picture of him on the platform would be too close to "idol worship". Funny....I remember when Freddie Franz finally croaked several years ago, there was a big picture of him on the back of the WT which went out to millions of readers and no one baulked at the idea of promoting him like this. But of course, comparing someone like F. Franz (who apparently outranks Jesus) and someone like my brother in law would be 'lacking in faith.'
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

My thoughts are with you, Mary.

hugs,

Randy

• Satanus
    Satanus

'now worries that he "died unfaithful to Jehovah".'

The example jesus used of breaking the law to save a donkey fallen into a well, or something like that could be applied to the transfusion breaking wt laws to save your sis' husband. Of course,that illustration by jesus makes all wt blood prohibitions null and void, WHEN A LIFE IS INVOLVED. Not sure, if that would work on your sister. It gave me a buzz, when i realised how jesus' statement could be applied in the wt blood trans issue.

S

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((((MARY)))))))) The JWs will now say..."Well at least he will get a resurrection,
    thank goodness he passed before Armeggedon"

That is what they said about my Melanie & Alan...
    my Granddaughter is hoping I die before the Big A

so I may get a resurrection ,she is a JW .
    Guess she dont realize to the WT I am already dead.
    I am thinking of you Jim called yesterday to see how you are faringXXXXXXXXX

• Will Power
    Will Power

dear Mary

I am so sorry for your loss. These WT obedient JWs make me so angry. Its like they have no "regular" feelings. I have a hard time understanding how they turn it on and off - doctrine driven and so anti-human.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit