MY BROTHER-IN-LAW HAS DIED

by Mary 126 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Sorry for your loss.

Ismael

• read good books
    read good books

Sorry for your loss Mary, the medical establishment took my dad in February and my mom in 96 and the JW's long ago, I feel the pain of this and hope you can find comfort, I have enjoyed your comments and contributions on the board.

• Mary
    Mary

Once again, thank you everyone for your support. One thing that has begun to surface is how many Dubs are saying "You can take comfort in knowing that he died faithful to Jehovah." The first time someone said that to me, I came very close to screaming at them: "No, he died because of this fucking religion's ban on blood." Out of respect for my sister, I stopped just in time.

It seems that this is the number one factor when a Witness dies and it makes me sick to my stomach. I will never ever forgive the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society for their hand in his death.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mary.... I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My heart is very sad and my tears are making it difficult to type. Your brother-in-law sounded like a great guy... wish there were more like him. Your choice of the 1 Corinthians scripture is lovely and I am glad you shared it with him... and us.

One thing that has begun to surface is how many Dubs are saying "You can take comfort in knowing that he died faithful to Jehovah."

What I know about JWs is that they are, like most of us, at a loss about what really to say at a sad time like this. I have observed that they revert to what they think they know but it doesn't really give any comfort. At my mother's service, there were JWs trying to convert some of the non-JW family members. I just shake my head. I told these family members afterward that they are not supposed to do this ... and that is was very inappropriate. The non-JW family members were relieved to hear this... and it just cemented further for them that this group of people are strange indeed.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

So very sorry to hear this.

HB

• cawshun
    cawshun

Mary, I always liked this saying " death can rob you of a loved one, but it never rob you of his memory" My most sincere sympathy to you and your family.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Mary, I was shocked and saddened to hear of your brother-in-law's passing. My deepest sympathies are with you and your family. I too have had loved ones sacrificed on the altar of the Watchtower. I believe the perpetrators of this false, irrational doctrine on the medical use of blood are in for special punishment. They're certainly bloodguilty in my eyes.

So sorry for your loss,

Mark

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry for your loss, very saddening to hear your story. (((Mary)))

• JeffT
    JeffT

I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with all of you.

• trebor
    trebor

I just read this thread, Mary.

I am so sorry for the loss you and your family is experiencing.

May you find comfort and peace.

-Trebor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit