Tell a minister why the Bible alone is not enough to reach jw

by carla 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"Reasoning with others" presumes that all engaged know how to "reason" in a valid way. Since the (non-JW) minister comes with both a set of official positions, as well as his own particular set of experiences and values and thoughts; and since the JW (minister) also does; then it follows that research and respect on both sides will be needed, in addition to the knowledge of the Bible either minister (both non-JW and JW) espouses.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Spike...I see you are ignoring my post and question regarding Bible translations...you made the statement, I just want to hear your answer to my question on translation usage by JW's.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I didn't ignore any of your posts, TYA, I just said what I could based on what I understand.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Fair enough Spike...you have to admit, it does sound a bit over the top regarding selectivity of translation use.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Common ground is important. Which precludes attempts to "convert" the other.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Which precludes attempts to "convert" the other.

Well we might as well all go home then. The atheist wants to convert us, as does the agnostic, as does the JW as does the born again Christian etc.

No one wants to be wrong or on the losing team. There is one winner and one looser. Even if the all inclusive "all path's lead to God" club are the winner will have looser, the atheists who says there is no God.

I present my experience and you can see if there is value. I am happy to talk to JWs who "have the biblical truth" and those who have found the JWs certainly do not have the biblical truth or else the bible is not true.

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'm home the whole time. I believe the Biblical trinity, found at John 17:11. Which is what JWs believe, only they don't call it "the Biblical trinity".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit