Tell a minister why the Bible alone is not enough to reach jw

by carla 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Please tell a minister why the Bible alone is not enough to reach a jw. I feel the language, doctrines, translation, etc..etc... all of it must be known as well as the bible. Please, serious answers only, thank you.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Because the Bible is a 2000 year old convoluted book of fables written by archaic man, it does not have the requisite tools to legitimately "reach" anyone.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Please tell a minister why the Bible alone is not enough to reach a jw.

Because..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are taught they can`t understand the Bible,without WBT$ Literature..

Your minister will need WBT$ literature if he wants to get through to a JW..

.............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

A JW does not beleive what they beleive because the Bible says so. they beleive what they beleive because the GB says so. The Bible says whatever the GB says it does.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aside the obvious that the Bible lies, the witlesses are programmed to believe that any independent reading of it is from Satan. You can only understand the Bible via the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger--once they believe that, they are not going to be reachable through any other church or through independent study of the Bible itself.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Or maybe we just believe when the bible says Jesus is GOD'S son that he actually is God's son. And when YHWH/Jehovah is God's name that it is God's name. That when it says the true worshipers worship THE FATHER with spirit and truth this is what we should do. And when God says he is ONE YHWH he is actually one not 3 and many more. I read the bible everyday there are no passages I am afraid of.

Ephesians 1:17 (New International Version)

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit [a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Reniaa

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

It may be just an observation on my part but isn't the story of creation in the bible actually a rip off of the Sumarian accounts of creation??? JW's are taught NOT to research their own history because when thay do- their eyes are opened! Hopefully one day all bible based religions will do the same and by this I mean research the history of the whole bible.

The Rattan Basket criticizes the Palm Leave Basket- both are full of holes...

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The Bible is interpreted by the Governing Body. Jehovah's Witnesses are told to loyally submit themselves to the Governing Body. Therefore, unless the person doing the speaking is of the Governing Body, a Jehovah's Witness is unlikely to believe them, regardless of what they show them from the Bible.

I can illustrate this.

• The PO in our congregation told my wife and I that unless the Governing Body has made a comment on a particular scripture, Jehovah views that scripture as 'irrelevant'.
    • During my exit I showed my parents copious amounts of scripture regarding the false prophecies of the Governing Body (and other issues). However, a couple of months later they told me that they went away and did lots of studying and have decided what I said wasn't true. Bear in mind, I just used the Bible plus a couple of refences from the Proclaimers book. So, when they say 'studying', what they actually did was check what the Governing Body has to say about these issues.
    • Lastly, during my exit I was told by two separate Witnesses that Jesus has supplied us with the Governing Body to explain the Bible to us. I pointed out that he actually provided the Holy Spirit, to which they replied, "yes, but he only gives that to the faithful slave". Therefore, to a Witness, the Bible is only explained via the Governing Body. To add to this, at the 2008 baptism talk at our DC, the speaker said that the FDS was the mediator between us and the deep things of God.
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Dear Pastor

The bible is enough, if and when they are called by the spirit. Until that point this verse applies

John 8:47Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dear Pastor,

The Bible is not enough to reach a JW. You also need a 2 x 4 to whack them up the side of the head to get their attention and clear up their glazed over eyes.

sincerely,

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit