I Have A New Grandson But He's Very Sick :(

by minimus 144 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

True, UC. Thanks WD.

• mouthy
    mouthy

"In the blood is the life"So if he is getting the blood he is getting life. Lets keep the
    prayes, candles, thoughts.what ever you do to send our thoughts to little Ben...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Grandpoppa Minimus said:

Update: Ben had a blood transfusion last night. The docs said he lost 30% of his blood because of them withdrawing it for testing. They said the transfusion will clear up his jaundice too. (Can you imagine JW parents leaving a little baby to die or get sicker because of their stupid understandings?)

Wow! Just saw this update, Min. Oh, how I hope and pray this will do great good. It is unbelievable... 30%!?

Well. Thank heavens for the blood, and the love... and here's hoping.

Love to all,
    Baba.

• only me
    only me

30% blood loss in such a small chid , probably only needed a couple ounces of blood at the most. The important think to remember is that they cannot use blood expanders in such severe loss. Blood is the only treatment. Time is also of the essence so there is no oxygen deprivation. I can't fathom anyone not allowing the doctors to do what is necessary.

Sounds like he is getting excellent medical care.

Still praying :f:

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

hope this is the start of an upturn Minimus

• minimus
    minimus

My daughter said he pulled the tube out of his mouth (I don't know how he could do that) but he's back on cpap again. She seems better this morning. i'm going to see the baby and her later this afternoon.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I have to believe that he is on the upswing now...he is obviously getting great care and I'm sure he feels all the love around him. Take care Min...sammieswife.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, I have better news.

Yesterday I held him and he's off all of the breathing machines and the docs said everything suddenly looks very good. 2 days ago he had enfamil for the first time and digested it properly. He actually was smiling a few times yesterday (you gotta love those involuntary facial muscles)....I want to thank everyone for your kindness.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

HOORAY!!!!! Our best wishes are still with you all!!!!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

That's great news, minimus. I worked as a NICU nurse for years. Your report sounds really good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit