The Official What happened at the Memorial thread

by truthseeker 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

I actually had a good time.

Old friends, and getting older.

The same old brothers and sisters spoke to me and hugged me. I know they are very sincere.

Two elders spoke to me, the other three pretty much ignored me.

I avoided the "two facers" that smile to your face, while gossiping behind your back.

Just like truthseeker, I caught the 9,000 figure of partakers last year and thought the same thing. "DID ANY OF YOU HEAR THAT?"

The best observation of the night: I know you all had one elder who was always telling young ones what to do, making, or trying to make them tow the line, like an old pharisee. Well it's very satisfying to see how far he has fallen and the great liberties he is allowing his two children in their dress and grooming, unlike the Mosaic Law type of conduct he expected of others. He's all handshakes and smiles, but his hypocrisy is clear for all to see and it STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN.

I love it.

Warlock

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

OOOmpa,

In spite of the arguement on the way home, your memorial sounded like way more fun than mine.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

this is year #3 that I did not attend. My wife went and she was texting me the whole time. She doesn't feel comfortable talking to anyone. Be patient with her, she's making progress. Anyways on top of the usual rhetoric, the speaker made a disclaimer for those who are partaking. That although there was an increase, Jehovah knows who really is annointed. I thought what a stupid point to bring out at a public talk. Anyways, more of the end is near and then it was over

• penny2
    penny2

2002 was the last time I went to a memorial. Last night I enjoyed a nice glass of wine at home.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

What was with the letter they read out at the end - it sounded so desperate and like they were begging for followers. Anyone else notice that?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what letter was that?

• Warlock
    Warlock

They read that letter last year.

Warlock

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Not sure it was the same as last year, but I was embarrassed by its lack of tact!

Surely 'the boys in writing' could have made it more neutral and inviting for the Christians who attended instead of pushing the "Gods Organization" line...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

can u post the "letter"

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I was at the 2008 memorial, I was a server and I said the prayer over the wine.

One year later neither my wife nor I were invited - or even had the memorial mentioned to us - by our families, nor did we attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit