And this is why JW's think we are all crazy nutjobs

by lola28 60 Replies latest members adult

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

purps said,

I don't worry too much about sincere JW's coming here and getting turned off by one loose cannon. Whatever sent them searching will not go away because they encounter odd comments here. Sitting in meetings, bombarded with ridiculous comments will take its toll on intelligent people no matter what happens here.
    yes, but what about the not-so-intelligent? :-))

Most of what I read here when I first found this forum, I thought was untrue. I would think, yep the Organization is ok and people speaking against it are liars. But there was something nagging inside of me, the things people posted here that I knew I thought and felt the same way, so I continued to read. Elsewhere posted the WT mag from 1989 and the bound volume where the wording was changed, for me it was the first real deliberate record that I saw, of covering up the WT had done.

THAT is how this whole evil healing process works: give 'em long enough to compare the bul$%^$% with the truth, via the Bible, Occam's Razor, and the real news, and then barring serious extenuating circumstances, they will get themselves out physically sooner or later. They are out mentally pretty quickly. Which of the two do you want to accomplish the most? You want them MENTALLY out, then the mind control hold is broken. Then you gradually introduce them to community and friendship with real people who are not mental midgets. That's how the whole evil, conspiratorial plan works.

Everything else I read was to me, opinion, even opinion based on facts, but I was sympathetic towards the organization, they meant no real harm.

'cause you didn't work at Bethel :-))

I found this board to call out crap and grew to respect the information here and most of the people, even believing in Linda and Trevor.

No one is a fool for assuming something as factual--until it requires a greater commitment to that fact, and one proceeds to ignore the damning evidence otherwise. A Dogzism

In the case of tha Satanism SRA testimony, there is perhaps no reason to believe that the story is not true.

UNTIL you ignore the evidence, then you could become culpable. And I don't know about you, but I'm not keen on trusting the strange views of those whom I consider to be culpable people. Like them more, believe them less is my motto. :-))

No one can say it didn't happen if they weren't there. It could have happened. But so what? It would be worthy of a joke at the Bethel table by Freddy Franz in the 70s. Even if it WAS true. So the truth of it is somewhat irrelevant. The real question is...

WHY is the story being told? What is the motive, other than to tell a sensationally odd piece of information; odd because it is so atypical of what we all know to be the case with the Watchtower. It actualy makes it ironic and rather funny to me, as I would have done a ritual in the tunnels just out of boyish stupidity, if it weren't for my fear of getting caught! We did all that crazy stuff there anyway, in defiance of the powers that be. Human nature for alpha males. Kids love to do that.

Then there are issues of conflicting testimonies, covering up certain things, etc, that one must consider.

The final result kinda looks like Greanpeace using a live seal to jam the props of a whaling boat. To a thinking person it is absurd and has the opposite effect desired. :-))

I don't think this board is only about getting everything accurate.

Many of us have learned to think for the first times in our lives, to seperate BS from what is real. A few hard licks along the way, can't be any worse than what the Organization did to us.

Yes, we all learn from debate, dissent, giving to others in need, and comradery.

Randy

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The truth about the watchtower cult is bad enough. There's no need to resort to fabricating things. It only undermines our credibility. W

• poppers
    poppers

"Who are Linda and Trevor?" ... Trevor was a poster who gained a lot of sympathy when he declared his wife was seriously ill and then subsequently died. Lots of people reached out to him, but it was discovered that "Linda" was a fiction of his imagination. Many people felt duped and betrayed by his manipulation, and rightfully so. There was a great deal of angry posting about this on the board.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am the first to call BS but the crazy nutjobs liven things up a bit. I miss JCanon, for example. The Koolaid drinker dude with the six screens site makes me laugh. In the end, the smackdown comes pretty fast here on this board, the Internet is a rapid response medium.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

JW's can hardly call anybody crazy nutjobs.

Their callous, judgmental, and hypocritical ways have caused much harm to unsuspecting, vulnerable people.

For an example, see my thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/168803/1.ashx

I swear this is the truth, so help me God.

Sylvia

• shamus100
    shamus100

Dubs are probably stupid enough to think that all apostates hang out on the net. No, only a small number join message boards. Most don't have the time of day for formats like this.

But hey, some leave dubdom only to get on the net and believe 100 percent what they read here. If anyone reading is one of those people, then give your head a shake.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well, poppers, I am thoroughly disgusted. I have no words.

I am the one who started "Linda's" candle thread.

I was too busy fighting my own cancer to log in and find out about the lie. I'm thanking my lucky stars I didn't. It would have really upset me at a time when I didn't need more upsetting.

Thankfully, I have not and would not send anyone money or gifts.

Go to Hell, Trevor.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Memories!

Rebel8, remember these candles?!?!

alt

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Perhaps the nutjobs are Watchtower plants feeding us disinformation in order to drink our precious, precious bodily fluids or to harvest our organs for use in Satanic rituals in the hidden sanctum on the sixth floor of their Brooklyn Propaganda Complex.

When we take the bait they post their victory dances to youtube as part of an initiation ceremony to their secret, esoteric, inner membership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eidpOdDX8Qg

Think about it.

BTS

• aniron
    aniron

Of course JWs say similar things about non-JWs.

That we are all drug-taking alcoholics, involved in wild sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit