God's "official channel"

by Deputy Dog 69 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

leavingWT..Good Morning!......Yes,my parents actions were affected by what the WBT$ said they should think.....I would have to say my dad really did believe,he never preached Armageddon by 1975..When I showed him the magazines he went from door to door with during that time,he looked genuinely shocked..And said"It`s true"..He was`nt faking it..That was the biggest surprise to me............................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

OUTLAW,

Thanks for sharing that with us. I know I sound like a broken record, but the Mind Control never ceases to amaze me. People who have never been in a cult or studied cults/mind control would never believe this stuff, and yet we can give so many examples of it.

-LWT

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LWT

I realize how absurd all of this sounds. I can assure you, however, that it's all too true, unfortunately.

Not at all. Mind control is not absurd. I know it's true.

Again, please! Don't think that I'm not sympathetic. But, the more you talk about the pain of mind control, the more you make my point. The article from Rick Ross' site, is a good one by the way.

If a person had no knowledge of the truth (I'm not talking about WT "TRUTH") or reality, there would be no pain.

I'm saying the truth or reality in these instances, is what causes the conflict, and the pain.

In time people learn to cope with or suppress the pain. This is when the thinking stops. Then every once in a while a little nugget of truth or reality sneaks by their defenses, and the pain comes back. They may come out, they may not. The pain may drive them in deeper.

I'm having a hard time believing you can get to the top (GB) without ever facing the truth, at least a few times.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the Mind Control never ceases to amaze me.

Not at all! I know what you mean.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Deputy,

You're starting to persuade me.

-LWT

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Deputy,

You're starting to persuade me.

See, I'm getting good at this mind control stuff. Just kidding.

I just hope this thread will get us to thinking. I believe that's a good thing.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Think about this.

When witnesses find a convert, they usually find someone vulnerable, someone that having a hard time coping with the difficulties of life. It starts with a false hope. It's the false hope that sets the hook, it's what keeps them in, at least at first. The convert fears losing this hope. In time, the org gains more control, now credibility is at stake. Maybe family get involved. We can all see what happen from there. Facing reality (the pain) gets harder from there.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Right. Steve Hassan talks about this. He encourage concerned family members to ask cult members if the cult has delivered the things it promised to them, e.g., a paradise earth right around the corner, a spiritual paradise, real friends, etc.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

leaving wt,

a paradise earth right around the corner, a spiritual paradise, real friends, etc.

This exact thought is what makes the hope they have reachable. Its something they make up on there own. Its like a fantasy. What will it be like, they dont care they just hope themselves into it.

And make things up as they go along, Its also like a child who has a make believe friend. They can make it whatever they need it to be. Thats really what makes there paradise something they can have right now. (in there mind of course)

Its total frabrication of there earthly paradise. Whether it includes OT characters NT characters. Old family members, famous people, whatever they invision to satisfy there hope.

I know this, mom does it all the time. She doesnt know how silly it sounds.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

elderwho,

You are right. The Spiritual Materialism of the Paradise Earth concept is a powerful thing. It is flexible fantasy that can be twisted in any manner to soothe their minds when any fear or uncertainty confronts them.

-LWT

• JWalker
    JWalker

"SCAM, TRICK, LIE, and the BLASPHEMOUS INSULT that it is," Still wondering, According to the NT, that could be a matter for the frightening unforgivable sin against the Holy Spirit ! Hope I'm wrong... JWalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit