News Flash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TooBad TooSad 74 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

You should try living round here we have been having great tribulation for years in fact I can't remember a time when we didn't have it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I had one JW tell me recently that this system can't last more than 3 years. I think many are expecting something to happen before 2014.

That fits with Steve Hasan's observation that most apocalyptic cults have a 3-5 year expectataion for "the end".

I actually find that most JW's joke about it now and say "of course, we'll be in the new system by x year" with an air of sarcasm.

Mickey.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

They forgot Luke 21:8: "He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them."

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    I had one JW tell me recently that this system can't last more than 3 years. I think many are expecting something to happen before 2014.

My mom told me the exact same thing. I asked her if the New System would be coming within 3 years, and she said "Oh, absolutely." This was in 1977.

• buckster
    buckster

With all the recent flip flopping and scandel associated with the witnesses lately it is no wonder they are pulling this very powerful stunt. They are anxious about it. Most people in the org are full of anxiety about world conditions (war, poverty, morality...) on top of life's own personal anxiety.

Recent changes in the org has got alot of people of balance more than usual. They are filled with reasons to be anxious and fearful several times a week and are supposed to study for each one of those sessions.

It is an opportune moment for them to announce the end is near with strong inference and suggestion. "Always seek the opporutne time" to strike fear in the hearts of the anxious.

• loosie
    loosie

quit your job live off of your savings. If the big A doesn't come before the funds run out your wife can get a job to support you.

LOL

• mind my own
    mind my own

What? The great tribulation is coming? Oh sh!t, I better get my act together!!!

MMO

• shamus100
    shamus100

FINALLY!!!!
    Holy crap - I'm going back to meetings now - see ya.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

stand tiptoe looking over the horizon
    jehovah's great new day is almost here
    but before the new world can approach dear
    it's time for all the rest of us to fry

yeah he'll wipe out everyone that's living
    make bird food out of all your friends and kin
    unbelievers, sinners, heathens, and apostates
    and all those folks that mock the warnings that you give

oh it's crying time again
    it's armageddon
    I can see by the doom that you've been preaching
    that it won't be long before it's crying time

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

At least the JWs who FEAR Armageddon still have a shred of reasoning power and/or empathy IMO. The ones who aren't afraid at all, but rather are drooling in eager anticipation, those ones make my blood run cold. Sacrifice your whole life, your family's life, for the "real" life that will come later, and I guess you end up gleefully anticipating the payoff. So long as the payoff is "coming soon," there's no need to look into the mirror and see the insane waste that's been invested.

For many Witnesses, Armageddon is the only thing they have to look forward to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit