It's not you....it's me....so a damn good marriage is about to end...

by oompa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

oompa, you've been drinking since 11 am and taunting friends here that care. Keep it up and you'll drive them all away. Snap out of it. Go get help. No hugs for you schmuck!

BFD

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

You won't be getting any hugs from me, but you will get an, "I have been there before and remember exactly what it is like." Deciding to end a marriage is a very hard thing to do. Months from now you will regret it and want back in it. But, hang in there...your future does have happiness in it.

Hey remember, you aren't too far from DC and I have the summer off

• oompa
    oompa

Outlaw...may canadian friend............thank you,....I should have so much to live for right now.....but do noit.....................oompa

• oompa
    oompa

Outlaw...may canadian friend............thank you,....I should have so much to live for right now.....but do noit.....................oompa

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

oompa - it's been said here before, you need PROFESSIONAL help, for yourself and for your marriage. There are very few people here qualified to give you the help you need. You are going to drink yourself to death, your kids are being put in a position they shouldn't be, and I don't even want to think about what your wife is going through with your drinking the way you are.

Sign off JWD, get your phone book out, open it up to the front few pages and look for the crisis line and call, NOW.

BB

(How's that for the kick in the ass you wanted??)

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

Jesus Christ Oompa! Suck it up! You love your wife, do all the things you can do with her and make sure there is a connection beyond the dubs. It's easy to sit and cry in your beer, but much more difficult to ttry and get past the differences. Let her be her and enjoy the things you can...together. If that isn't gonna work, then man up and move on. Don't sit around with your thumb up your ass wondering what life would be like if this or that or whatever. Here's a cliche for you:Life is what you make it. Good advice. Pull your head out of the bottle and get on with life. You've got kids to think of. Make sure they think well of you and everything else will fall into place. That's all the advice you're gonna get from Dr. Cold Creek. I can say these things because I already live your life-but without the booze.

CCS

• BFD
  • momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I think your sons may disagree. My dad killed himself on accident by mixing too much whiskey with pain meds. I was 23, he was 43. I still needed him, still need him to this day.

Stop the pity party. Think of someone else in this situation.

• dinah
    dinah

Ooompa,

Waking up is hard. Sometimes we do wish we had just never found out the truth about the WT, at least I did. That time will pass. Now, I'm grateful to have found out. It set me free! Of course I don't have the family restrictions that you do. My husband is agnostic.

About the drinking thing, I'm about to get on a soapbox with ya, but please listen (read):

Your wife is not making you drink. That is a choice you are making. If you are using alcohol on a temporary basis to muddle through I could understand. Thing is, it gets to be a crutch and the least little thing makes you grab a bottle (or a can in my case). Since we only see each other here, there's no way for me to now how much of a problem you really have. Ever think maybe you and your wife are growing apart due to the drinking more than because of the lack of meeting attendance? She probably thinks the drinking is causing you to quit being a JW. Actually, it's the quit being a JW part that is making you drink.

There was a thread lately about dealing with the loss of dub-hood and re-inventing yourself. We all had to actually find out who we are. You will learn you aren't the terrible person you think you are. (I did learned). I never felt that I was good enough to be a Dub anyway, since the curse of the feet running to badness was upon me. Ya know what I learned? My feet didn't run to badness. I was just trying to find myself and when I finally did----I stopped running anywhere.

If you need any further kick in the pants feel free to pm. Consider this just a gentle nudge.

• BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit