JWs selling Bossert Hotel-New York Times Article 1-30-08

by AndersonsInfo 59 Replies latest jw friends

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

This is the long road to virtuality ,virtual watchtower headquaters,virtual meetings,virtual kingdumb halls, watchtower downloads,pay on line to the virtual HQ. Virtual assemblies -don't move from the monitor during the virtual sessions.Log on to the Virtual overseers pronouncements.Virtual disfellowships, virtual baptisms the list goes on and on.

UP COMING ANNOUCEMENTS -the New World is virtually here available on line by subscription ,sorry donation,See the virtual New World it has arrived in cyberspace and is available now ,just log on to www. virtual new world .com

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

On page one of this thread, nvr posted a link to comments from local Brooklyn Heights residents.

This comment made me smile. Funny to know what people really think about when they think 'Jehovah's Witnesses':

all that door to door pays off. finding the sick left alone, the elderly days from death abandoned in some expensive condo, town house etc, witnesses befriend them turn them over to watchtower and get to inherit, apartments, cars, farmland etc. they work their way through these buildings for years buying apartments or swindling trusting members out of them until they own the whole thing. Thats my Opinion.
    They have commercial and residential agents buying and selling like everyone else. the info is online.

Posted by: ben at May 4, 2007 9:00 PM

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Regarding 'profit' made by selling WT property...

Weren't some of those properties purchased by Co-Hi and some other investment group?

Could part of the profits be paid back to the investors?

Sorry. I'm not clear on the details of those organizations. Co-Hi was in the late 70's/early 80's. Is Dumbo a WT entity or is that a Heights coalition??

-Aude.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

From what I can gather property prices are falling and now is not the best time to sell. Could this be desperation on the part of the Borg?

• worf
    worf

Ronin 1, WingCommander,

Excellent points. Whether its property in Brooklyn or kingdumb halls, the fact is that many of us gave our money, time and energy which has contributed to the multi-millions in dollars worth of property that wt has or is selling.

My comment on this thread:

None of us, and including current jws in the local congs, will ever get any of the hundreds of millions of dollars that wt is getting by selling the property WE made it possible for them to get over the years. And that includes how our parents and grandparents also contributed money time and energy to make it possible for wt to obtain all their real estate from years ago up until modern times.AND WE SHOULD BE LIVID ABOUT THIS. I AM.Ronin 1, you and I personally spent 10 years on the construction crews, so you know personally what I mean.

It is obvious to me that with the older guard dying off, the younger guard simply want to perpetuate their parasitical lifestyle of living off the rank and file, so they can have an easy lifestyle like those before them. Do you think they really want to give it up despite the many scandals that have been brought to light? No. They will do anything to perpetuate their parasitical lifestyle, even though they know the beliefs are false. Just like the leaders in most or all religions.As has been brought out by former bethelites who have posted on this board in the past, "They do not want to have to go, 'On the outside' ", meaning that they refuse to have to provide for themselves like all of us have to with jobs, paying bills etc. etc.

It is obvious that they want to "get theirs", like the older bastards before them. And they will keep trying to make sure of that by getting money anyway they can. Like selling the property they obtained on our backs. And if it means getting rid of some bethelites, they don't care.

Now at least some of the bethelites who are now getting kicked out for the sake of money, and who looked down on us because we were not bethelites can personally experience the honest truth of the old saying,

"THERE IS NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES".

Worf

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

Maybe there is a twist to this and they know something we don't know about todays financial situation. Property values keep falling. The dollar is becoming more and more worthless. Getting rid of the extra weight of large property may make this billion dollar golliath(WTS) a little more nimble on the economic front.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aude:

DUMBO is an acronym describing the neighborhood: Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUMBO,_Brooklyn

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

In a dubs mind if the WTS doesn't need the property why would they give it away to someone worldly for free? They might as well sell it. It's just normal human thinking. They never stop to think about the why part.

• Open mind
    Open mind

For the active-JW, still-believing, lurkers. (If you're out there.)

I think this issue is being overblown here.

Yes some Bethelites have it very cushy due to outside wealth or income. Also the higher-ups get more green handshakes and other perks when they're getting flown around on speaking gigs. So what? That's just human nature and as long as you've got an organization there's going to be some of that.

If COs were driving Beemers & Mercedes I think the average JW would have a problem with that. Buicks, not so much.

If Bethel life was more opulent and the schedule was less grueling I think the average JW would have a problem with that.

Watchtower is being fiscally responsible with "sacred funds". They are downsizing or "right-sizing" as some corporations call it. End result is a leaner, more efficient preaching machine. That actually sounds pretty Faithful & Discreet to me.

Whatever you gave to Jehovah should have been with no strings attached.

Do I resent having given a large portion of my life to this religion? Absolutely. Now that I see it for what it is. But as long as you believe it's the truth, I think the JWs are being pretty responsible with their bucks. Those Bethelites that are getting the heave-ho in their 40s are just "good-for-nothing slaves" like everyone else right?

The main thing is the preaching work. If Jehovah asks you to scrub toilets for $7.00/hr in Omaha instead of free room & board in Brooklyn, you should leap for joy at this next "privilege of service".

Just make sure you keep believing it's the truth and everything will work out fine.

If someone here can show me the error of my thinking, please do.

OM

• Open mind
    Open mind

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit