JWs selling Bossert Hotel-New York Times Article 1-30-08

by AndersonsInfo 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thanks for the information folks, interesting stuff

A lot of men go to god to receive money and power , the WTS. was just those kind of people right from the very beginning

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So another building that they bought then used all their free labor and tax exemptions
    to beautify. Now they sell it at a huge profit. Of course, most of the free labor force is
    probably still under their thumb, so they don't mind helping the corporation with cash
    flow problems.

I just see it as one less asset to liquidate. Sooner or later, there will be no buildings
    in Brooklyn to sell. Then what? Kingdom Halls? Assembly Halls?
    Maybe they will have to double the KHAA insurance program.
    Money problems wake up more people than doctrinal inconsistencies. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If you want to see what some of the neighbors think of Jehovah's real estate empire, read the comments/blogs here from The Brownstoner...

http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2007/04/good_lord_watch.php

• Einstein
    Einstein

Do they ever announce this type of information to the Congregations or at least to the workers in Bethel? Why should it appear in a newspaper article first? The members have a right to know everything that they do with that money. Is there a public report available to Witnesses on the financial status of the WTO? Or are we supposed to "trust" their business acumen? How does it all work?

Einstein

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Do they ever announce this type of information to the Congregations or at least to the workers in Bethel?

It may come out months later in a KM.

You surely realize that Jehovah is always maneuvering things for the greatest possible testimony to the nations.

Most certainly all persons are highly aware of the question of universal sovereignty and actively reject Jehovah and his King-designate on a daily basis when they choose to go to work instead of staying home and waiting for some pioneer sisters to bring them the latest copies of the Watchtower and Awake magazines in between their coffee breaks and gossip sessions.

Jehovah will surely be justified in bringing about the destruction of this wicked world.

Come Lord Jesus, Amen.

• sir82
    sir82
    Do they ever announce this type of information to the Congregations or at least to the workers in Bethel? Why should it appear in a newspaper article first? The members have a right to know everything that they do with that money. Is there a public report available to Witnesses on the financial status of the WTO?

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Thanks for today's belly-laugh.

"The members have a right to know" - priceless!

Here's the attitude of the organization: "You have the right to swallow anything and everything we tell you, no questions asked. If you defy us, we'll hold your family and friends captive, barring them from contact or relationships with you."

"Public report" - stop it, you're killing me!

Here's a report for you: "We were selected by GOD HIMSELF in 1919, and have acted flawlessly ever since. We make no mistakes, no errors, to question us is question JEHOVAH THE SOVREIGN OF THE UNIVERSE. Do you want to fall into the hands of God? Didn't think so."

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

So did the Society admit they were just trying to take advantage of the buyers market??

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I stayed in one of the top floor penthouse suites for a few days while on vacation from Wallkill. It was pretty cool, needless to say, with a perfect view of the Manhattan skyline.

• Einstein
    Einstein
    Thanks for today's belly-laugh. "The members have a right to know" - priceless!

Sir82,

I'm so glad I made your day. I guess those questions do sound a bit naive huh? LOL!

On a more serious note though, the actions of the WTO are going to end up exposing them for what and who they really are despite their claims of authority. It's only a matter of time which is why so many newbies are lurking and joining JWD. (IMHO)

...and stop laughing at me!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The article said that there were what, like 6 tenants, still living in the building that had been living there before the WT bought the building. Has anyone talked to them or considered talking to them about their experience living with those zombies? Where they JW's also? Their stories might be interesting.

sooner7nc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit