JWs selling Bossert Hotel-New York Times Article 1-30-08

by AndersonsInfo 59 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I just wish I owned a room in the Bossert.....what a great hotel...what a great street.............................oompa

• Layla33
    Layla33

Well, Well! Now we know why they had to "lay-off" several thousand of the Bethel workers and send them home to be "special pioneers," don't we? It all makes sense now. Throw the worker bees out on their asses so they could sell off the hotel for MILLION$ of dollars. Since Patterson and Walkill are basically done, I see them moving all operations out of Brooklyn completely, out of the public eye all together, and eventually becoming even more of a seperatist cult. Can you say, "Jonestown?" I can, and in a few years when they move all operations out of the city and into the countryside, that is exactly what it will become, some kind of JW cult Mecca.

I wonder how all of those volunteer workers feel that spent many days/weeks/months restoring that place up for the Society, now to see it being sold off for PROFIT?

- Wing Commander

I have been saying this for a few years. Watch the next ten years, things that people thought JWs would never do are going to come out to the forefront.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    From the viewpoint of a 100% true believer, this stuff is a good use of "unrighteous riches".

Right.

Hence this post...

You surely realize that Jehovah is always maneuvering things for the greatest possible testimony to the nations.

Most certainly all persons are highly aware of the question of universal sovereignty and actively reject Jehovah and his King-designate on a daily basis when they choose to go to work instead of staying home and waiting for some pioneer sisters to bring them the latest copies of the Watchtower and Awake magazines in between their coffee breaks and gossip sessions.

Jehovah will surely be justified in bringing about the destruction of this wicked world.

Come Lord Jesus, Amen.

Just like associating with the UN, everything the Watchtower conglomerate does will ultimately contribute to the sanctification of Jehovah's name.

But then again, theoretically everything Satan and his agents do will ultimately result in the sanctification of Jehovah's name and the outworking of His purpose.

I guess in the end "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law".

• flipper
    flipper

I tend to agree with what Lenny in Bluemont said . It wouldn't surprise me in the least that the WTS is putting their money in foreign accounts. There is a lot more coming down the pike for them scandal wise - so they are probably financially preparing for it

• new boy
    new boy

Hay Guys...

I know what you mean, I spent 4 of the best years of my life (21-25) making $21a month plus room and board, for the Watower Bible & Tract Society.....

So all I can say is, when I see them selling shit off...GOOD! because...

Buying means "getting bigger"

Selling means "getting smaller"

• ronin1
    ronin1

Just remember so time ago- I think it was a 1 1/2 years ago the WTS applied for an application as a religious entity in Florida. Why? Possibly closer to the Cayman Islands?

Ronin1

• ronin1
    ronin1

Openmind:

You used the correct phase: "unrighteous riches".

There is nothing righteous about what they are doing by selling all these properties, putting faithful worker's out to pasture (who by the way many have no savings, homes, jobs, etc. due to truly taking a 'vow of poverty') and taking the monies from these property sales and not disclosing to all seven million members exactly where this money is going and who is benefiting from these monies.

Please do not fool yourself- Jehovah is not behind these actions.................

In my opinion the WTS is the actual 'evil slave class' and their actions over the decades seem to prove just that.

Like I said, just my opinion.

Ronin1

• Open mind
    Open mind

ronin1 said:

"Please do not fool yourself- Jehovah is not behind these actions................."

I said:

"I no longer believe this is God's Organization."

and

"Think I'm gonna hurl now. "

Guess I didn't make it clear enough when I was donning my "100% true believer" hat. Sorry for any confusion.

As for Nvr,

Man dude you are amazing! You can still spew that stuff with the best err, worst of them! I think you could probably fill in as a last minute speaker when there's cancellations at the local KH.

Just messin' bro.

;-)

One last thing. Some have made comments like "where's all the money going?", etc. If anybody could ever uncover evidence of GB members, Treasurer's Office, etc skimming funds for their own personal use, THAT would be awesome! And would tick off at least a few rank and file. Not enough to start a mass exodus, but every little scandal helps extricate a few. IMO.

OM

• kasee47
    kasee47

This was a most interesting piece of information, I thought. No announcement that I know of was made at the KH. But in the local newspaper yesterday there was a large article about the Catholic church divesting itself of much property in order to pay for all the settlements/fines for their child abuse cases. Things that make you go hmmm. The Guardian's article also stated the Society is moving much of its operation to upstate NY. ???

The reason that there are individuals living in the Bossert is that they lived there when the Society bought the building. Due to rent control, they had the right to stay there and cannot be evicted. The Society restored the Bossert to a beautiful condition; it's no wonder the hotel will bring a lot of money at resale.

Glad to finally hear the amount of money the WTS "settled" with these victims. I was finally able to locate some information in the Elder's book re judicial hearings, etc. If things were handled the way the book says (also the way the "Good Book" says), then possibly we wouldn't have these types of problems.

Just sounding off because I'm feeling particularly disgruntled today.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome kasee47

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit