Confidential Body of Elder Letters from 1981 through 2006

by Elsewhere 115 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Always amazes me just how women are treated in most religious orgs. Even Mike Huckabee believes women are second class citizens. (on the national news today).

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Any way for some of the more relevant info to be added to that ridiculous "molestation" wikipedia page?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Fantastic work! This'll be a goldmine of information.

Many thanks to Darth Frosty and friends for bravely acquiring the info, and for Elsewhere for hosting it!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I can't get elsewhere's links to work

• Jourles
    Jourles

I just noticed that you're also missing the 6/6/06 letter. It had to do with distributing Kingdom News #37. I'll go through and scrub what you guys have and compare that to what I have and see where we end up.

Remember, the WTS considers these letters as "copyrighted." I just loved this line from that letter:

"Thus, Dirtclod's posting of these original works on the Internet is an infringement of Watchtower's copyright."

Here is the definition of what a copyright is:

§ 102. Subject matter of copyright: In general 28

(a) Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. Works of authorship include the following categories:

(1) literary works;

(2) musical works, including any accompanying words;

(3) dramatic works, including any accompanying music;

(4) pantomimes and choreographic works;

(5) pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;

(6) motion pictures and other audiovisual works;

(7) sound recordings; and

(8) architectural works.

(b) In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work.

Now tell me, where does a BoE letter fit into the above description? Under (a)1-8, the CLOSEST fit is "literary works." Ha! Literary work my ass. If anything, they fit section (b) to a tee. What else are the BoE letters other than, procedures, processes, systems, or method of operations? I sure wish I had the $$$ a few years back to take this to court. If someone did have the monetary backing to see something like this through, the WTS would keep it from going to court. Otherwise, all of the BoE letters become available for public viewing via the wonderful court system. In the meantime, they simply pull out the "copyright infringement" claim and threaten the ISP hosting the letters to shut it down.

Tell you what, keep the letters up permanently. If the WTS contacts your ISP to take them down, inform your ISP that they(the WTS) must provide a letter like the one above stating why they want them taken down. According to the DMCA, they must provide a written letter to YOU. Your ISP cannot simply take the site down due to a phone call or email threat. The WTS must send a letter. Get that letter. Or...the WTS finally realizes that the cat is already out of the bag and will never get put back in since the internet isn't about to go away anytime soon. I wonder if they will simply give up now and say screw it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Dear former workers in BETHEL,

g047/22p.9HowtoProtectYourselfFromFraud***

the Internet offers much of value

g0412/8p.18TheInternet—HowtoAvoidtheDangers***

The Internet is likewise extremely powerful and useful

g0412/8p.18TheInternet—HowtoAvoidtheDangers***

With an estimated 600 million people connected worldwide, the Internet revolution has transformed the way the world communicates and does business.

g032/8p.31GetanAccuratePicture***

The arrival of the Internet was hailed by many as a means of tapping reliable sources of information from around the globe. That is possible, of course, if you know just where to click your mouse. "At its best, the Internet can educate more people faster than any media tool

I barf at the following...
    adequate my &ss!

***km9/02p.8AvoidthePursuitof"ValuelessThings"***

6 InternetWebSites: We have an official Internet Web site: www.watchtower.org. This site is adequate to make information available to the public. There is no need for any individual, committee, or congregation to prepare a Web page about Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some have posted the contents of our publications with all scriptures and references given in full and have even offered copies of convention material on a donation basis. Whether profit is involved or not, the practice of reproducing and distributing publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses in an electronic document is a violation of copyright laws. While some may view this as a service to the brothers, it is not approved and should be discontinued.
  • AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

THANK YOU Elsewhere...

It doesn't look as if the links work now, is anyone else having trouble connecting ?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Me too. Perhaps just a temporary glitch?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I can't get it to work either. HELP!

Dismembered

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Expect your service provider to be contacted by from some lawyers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit