• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Are they preparing for a new Jonestown?

alt

momz

• Grammy
    Grammy

One poster left this comment

The first thing that I thought of when I read this article was the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, Texas. Whatever happened to those folks?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

momz

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Thankfully, they can't get of of Jehovah's Witnesses into the complex.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Are they preparing for a new Jonestown?

alt

momz

I will certainly bring the grape kool-aid.

Brant

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You have to wonder if they are planning to close down Brooklyn and move out. It makes sense, $$$ are down and it would be cost effective to move out of New York.

Such religious and other groups are under heightened scrutiny from town officials. A recent court ruling allows governments to reject the property tax exemptions in some cases. Assessors will be taking another look at some organizations as a result, Schoeberl said.

It is about time religions started to be fairly taxed.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually I think it reflects that they are going to continue to move their facilities out of Brooklyn, big time and are preparing for the changes with living facilities, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they move everything out of NYC to either Wallkill or Patterson.

• metatron
    metatron

Read the article carefully. It appears to me that this is clearly a sign that they are evolving into a paid clergy situation, just

like any other religion. "a three story building for recreation and equipment", "dining hall expansion", more dry cleaning,

a parking garage ( not just a parking lot). "It's a quality of life issue" ( !!!)

The old Bethel spirit of self sacrifice is fading into history. They need a country club atmosphere to hold on to their people.

metatron

• snowbird
    snowbird

They're going to need a place in the country when all their misdeeds start catching up with them.

You can run. but you can't hide.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit