What has this religion become? THE WATCHTOWER madhouse

by Terry 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worf
    worf

Terry,

Excellent review of the entire watchtower history and its shell game!

You should write a book.

Worf

• Terry
    Terry

Excellent review of the entire watchtower history and its shell game!

You should write a book.

Actually, there are probably too many books already.

The people who most need to read them will NEVER pick one up.

I have had an idea for a long time about how best to write something for the JW with doubts. Completely different approach than usual.

But, I don't have the intense ambition to see it through, frankly.

November is write a book in one month time nationally. That might be the time to start!

I've written a strange and off the wall autobiography that will never see the light of day. The style is really "out there". It is merely to amuse myself.

I've done liner notes for albums and some musical analysis for another author's book.

Beyond that---just dribbles....

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Your perspective is incisive and affords a GPS of WT essence on a Tardis time trip!

It is good and seekers of God will get to see that it is so!

The castles in the air atmospheres of each generation since WT emergence are shining through. It is a light I have not seen before.

It will help explain to some why parents had a different perspective and so on!

Let you entertain us!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Wow!!!

That took some reading, but I must say, well done, Terry!

ESTEE

• proplog2
    proplog2

mcse MIKE:

I'm an atheist. I remain in association with JW's because I believe
    they have followed the example of Christ in abandoning nationalism.
    They are uniquely structured to survive what I feel will be a major
    upheaval in human governance. Doctrine is noise in the machine.
    It is the basic structure that is important. False prophecies were
    necessary for 125 years so the JW organization could grow to its current size.
    It is now the size of the average nation in the UN.

JW's will be shocked too, by the future cataclysm, but they will be rewarded with survival.

Once you eliminate the GOD notion from the mix it is possible to resolve a lot of the dichotomies.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Gotta add my "Write a book Terry" as well....

• Gill
    Gill

Terry! Fantastic!

I agree with you that the Watchtower has degenerated into something 'dangerous'.

To be honest, if I hadn't still so many relatives 'still in' and fanatically so, I'm sad to say, I would have totally lost interest in their foolish beliefs BUT sadly I am still compelled to spend some time with my parents. After a couple of hours its all I can do to resist smacking their heads together and that is NOT a good way to feel!

Is it their fault they are so under thought control? Partly, yes! But the real blame lies with those in Brooklyn intent of keeping their money and more importantly to them, their power over so many millions of equally foolish people!

As for the description of Madhouse, well, truer words were never spoken!

If you look at the behaviour of those at the bottom of the heap and their foolish actions and belief system, you can only begin to imagine the kind of insane reasonings that exist at the top of the Watchtower!

• M.J.
    M.J.

At the onset, as you mentioned, this thing was all about THE MESSAGE. "The Divine Plan of the Ages" was Russell's own unique take on the peculiar dispensationalist views of his peers. It was his pride and joy. It was the key to the universal puzzle of mankind's existence. It was so profound it could supplant the Bible itself.

By the time Rutherford's tenure was well established, THE MESSAGE had been surpassed by THE MESSENGER. Out went the Divine plan and in came "God's Organization"--the "Theocracy". The RELIGIOUS MASTER RACE.

I wish I had Terry's writing skills, but there's my take anyway...

• Terry
    Terry
    By the time Rutherford's tenure was well established, THE MESSAGE had been surpassed by THE MESSENGER. Out went the Divine plan and in came "God's Organization"--the "Theocracy". The RELIGIOUS MASTER RACE.

The real message of Jehovah's Witnesses is PERFECTION being better than merely a GOOD life.

JW's became perfectionists in the form of Narcissistic legalism.

They would be holier than thou by not doing this and this and this.....

They would create a New World Society of Jehovah's Kingdom on Earth. This is the same cotton-pickin' scheme the Puritans failed at!

Worse than the Pilgrims, however, was the fact that this PERFECT existence was coming very SOON!

The possibility of having a Good life now was chased out by the mad pursuit of getting through the imminent Armageddon by demonstrating your Perfection!

(See my latest Topic).

Throwing away a good life is what JW's are all about. Armageddon is used as the huge threat to pursuing your good life in the here and now forcing you to chase the PERFECT post-Armageddon scenario.

As a result, you waste this life being Narcissistic and without a pot to pee in and having one eyeball on the Armageddon calendar.

• flipper
    flipper

It always was the Watchtower madhouse. It's just become madder as time goes on. Madder, more insane and unjustified

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit