What has this religion become? THE WATCHTOWER madhouse

by Terry 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darkman
    darkman

jehovah's witnesses taught my daughter to lie and they framed me...there is, of course,

lots going on with that one picture but still put the pieces together and you'll see...the

picture found on dannyhaszard.com and click where it says it's a fact...jw/un drama

sodomizing the truth for a library card?...love/norris attorneys of fort worth, tx, usa...and

that's is why is say also the writer is right...one other thing too...one half presidents

were knights templar or freemasons...so therefore, who in washington gave the instruc-

tions to wag the dog?...

ed s. usa

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont
    Russell's theology twisted from its initial path into something more personal and messianic. Studies in the Scriptures became a substitute for the bible itself and 1914 became the new "starting point" for Jesus Kingdom leadership (still invisible).

Hey Terry, don't know if you meant to imply that (through Studies in the Scriptures) Russell changed 1914 to the new "starting point", but your context seems to imply that. Unless my understanding is faulty, this change happened after Russell's passing. It was stretched as far as possible (1918, 1919, 1925) and then finally redefined, "moving the date from one shoulder to the other."

I know you spent some real quality time on this piece and it is outstanding.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Your imagery and metaphors paint a very clear picture of what has happened. I never heard it put so well. I now see clearly, that I was a victim of the great purges in the early 80's.

It's nice to see the big picture . It's the big machine, the steamroller of souls, a political casualty you might say, that filtered it's mean spirited and merciless policies into my existence through there little Nazi puppet regime.

Stalin had his purges too. Killed his own Generals and 10 million of his own countrymen. This is also how Saddam stayed in power for so long. Stalin died of natural causes in 1953 but was intensely hated and feared. Saddam got the noose, but it had to happen from an outside source intervening. This is strange when you consider there are so many people that kill each other in that country. Perhaps in the end it will be an outside source that gives the watchtower it figurative noose, only problem is, you can't hang an idea. The internet is a noose that seems to fit quite nicely around that slippery neck, I would say. It's an AK47 shoved right under there chin.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Terry

Exactly..... the WTS are a bunch of really insane madmen, full of denial, bent on making bucks in the name of jehobby

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Great write up Terry thanks

• proplog2
    proplog2

Terry: Interesting opinion piece. It appeals to those who have already dismissed JW's. It is riddled with unsupported statements. Simply? - just another rant. But in no way is it the last word to 6 million people who seem to find some redeeming value in the association of their choice.

• freyd
    freyd

Best distillation/synopsis I ever read. When we think of the number of victims, is it not just another case of ethnic/cultural/social cleansing? The irony is that when asked at baptism whether you've repented of your sins and acknowledge Jesus as savior, you then acknowledge that you're henceforth identified with an organization that's on a nonstop false justification of it's own purity.

• Terry
    Terry
    Hey Terry, don't know if you meant to imply that (through Studies in the Scriptures) Russell changed 1914 to the new "starting point", but your context seems to imply that.

I wasn't clear enough. You are right about that. Thanks!

At first, 1914 was described as the End Point in human history. As 1914 approached and passed it recalibrated. What the Millerites did to stave off refutation of their entire theological framework was to redefine all their foundational conditions. Russell was forced time and again to the same waffle.

"Tarrying time" was the Millerite description. Russell's expectations were thwarted over and over and over. How he could continue, in good faith, to readjust, change explanations and reprint the same refuted premises is beyond understanding unless you discount his integrity.

Latter day JW's refer to Pastor Russell's "understanding" of the importance of 1914 with duplicty and outright lies. Characterizing it as a "beginning of times of distress" is laughable. Russell had printed many of the Adventist proofs of the 2nd coming as prior to 1914. He left no doubt that he was placing all his bets on the wrong number!

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry: Interesting opinion piece. It appeals to those who have already dismissed JW's. It is riddled with unsupported statements. Simply? - just another rant. But in no way is it the last word to 6 million people who seem to find some redeeming value in the association of their choice.

Is your criticism equally unsupported?

How many people still cling to the idea of Bigfoot? They must find some redeeming value in that too.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Terry,

Brilliant.

I am relatively new here, and am not familiar with your posting history, but I must say that this particular essay is excellent.

Thank you for putting your thoughts in writing.

Do you realize you could be disfellowshipped for this? LOL. I jest.

Seriously dude - great post.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit