So non-creationist - what do you think of those who still accept creation?

by AK - Jeff 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

No firestorms please. But be honest. Do you think that we are of a lower level of intelligence than those who accept evolutionist' theories?

I only say so - because whenever it comes up that someone dares admit to accountablility to a higher power, he/she is soon trounced upon as if just short of needing rehab at the local mental health centre. Sarcasm, and innuendo begin to flow and ebb, and soon the person just ducks for cover. I don't blame them.

I'm not asking for voluminous explanation as to why we are so stupid in our reasoning - just honestly - should we just go off and commit suicide due to our inablility to see things from your reasonable perspective? Just curious.

I admit - I believe in creation. Maybe just because I prefer it to the alternative. Or perhaps I am just a superstitious genetic hold over from the dark backwards continent of ancient times. I need my rabbit's foot God?

Sorry - no offence intended on either side of this aisle. I just don't see why we feel compelled to attack others, insinuating great lack of mental ability due to acceptance of something you have rejected. Never mind - I don't really want to know. But since I started the thread, I shall post it.

Jeff

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I respect all persons.

Hopefully, we're all sincere in our quest to see reality with ever-greater clarity.

We can all learn from one another.

My issue with faith in God has little to do with the creation debate.

It has everything to do with His apparent absence.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just believe what I choose to believe. I see no need to question others or explain myself either. I have no use whatsoever for religionists who try to shove their beliefs down the throats of others, and I have an equal disrespect of athiests who do the same thing.

W

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think intelligence of the person is separate from intelligent thought/reasoning. I do not think creationists are less intelligent people but I do think that creationism is a form of less intelligent thought/reasoning. Those that believe in creationism perhaps have misconceptions, perhaps have not given full thought to the subject, or perhaps simply are hopeful individuals who want to believe in something.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My issue with faith in God has little to do with the creation debate.

It has everything to do with His apparent absence.

Interesting. Mine is just the inverse.

It has everything to do with what I view as unbelievably precise order, and nothing to do with our inablility to see/touch/feel/describe the founder of such order.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Those that believe in creationism perhaps have misconceptions, perhaps have not given full thought to the subject, or perhaps simply are hopeful individuals who want to believe in something.

Could not in all honesty, the same statement be revised as such;

Those that believe in evolution perhaps have misconceptions, perhaps have not given full thought to the subject, or perhaps simply are individuals who wish not to believe in something.

Just a thought.

Jeff

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Interesting indeed Jeff.

My point is, it's hard to say what happened when none of us were here.

Science offers explanations based on observations. These explanations are not static.

It's much easier to debate the implications of God's absence and apparent non-involvement in human affairs.

However, I too am awed by the wonder of the Universe.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jeff,

They are all as deluded as we all used to be. No room for any self-righteousness for XJW's as we were all Creationists at one time.

These days I feel that if a persons religious delusions harm no other and help their passage through life, then they are welcome to it as long as they leave the evangelism at home. If they wave it in front of my face, then I feel duty bound to react in the interests of truth.

But deluded is the operative word here.

HS

• metatron
    metatron

While I feel pity for ardent creationists, my disgust is reserved for "evangelical" atheists who seem

obsessed with kicking away a lame man's crutch and then proclaiming that he is better off without it.

If such ones desire the End of Religion, then by all means let's eliminate the continuing need for

religion: specifically let's see advancements in anti-aging and stem cell research END our

death sentence of "three score and ten". Let's see "man become God" in every way that's

important - and that fufills religious hopes of a milennium.

That's the right way to get rid of religion and all other "pseudoscience"

metatron

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I don't think any less of their intelligence, but in my own mind I wonder what it is the compulsion to believe.

A need to belong to something greater, a fear of death, routine...

It's mere curiosity, not judgmental. I'm sure creationists have the same perplexing questions as to why I would reject intelligent design.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit