What Was your Favorite Music Concert you attended, group or solo artist?

by flipper 84 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes, BigD, I was so uptight and still and xjw sympathizer...I mocked that silly pig! I was dressed to the nines and everyone around me was smoking pot, etc.....

how I wish I could go back and enjoy that concert!

Live and learn,

r.

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here again. Also before he died I saw John Lee Hooker live in Reno 1998, felt lucky, good show. Have seen blues legends B.B. King and Buddy Guy puts on one of the best blues shows I've seen. Very energetic guitar playing. Thought I'd kick in about the blues there

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Bauhaus

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Glastonbury Festival - although thank god I didnt go this year.

Ive seen more great groups than I can remember at Glasto over the years, but have to agree with some earlier posters - Paul McCartney was truly fantastic, as was Rod Stewart.

But the best thing about Glasto is coming across little stages or areas with half a dozen people listening to some priceless performer you have never heard of. Or falling asleep in a field while some legend plays, like Yes or Robert Plant.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First spot is a tossup for me between Honeymoon Suite and Kiss. Honeymoon Suite opened for Rik Emmet (singer for Triumph) and they blew him out of the water! I wish they'd come back here :(

Kiss was just cool. Explosions, blood, fire, and good music.

Follow ups would probably be The Headpins, Kenny Shields, and April Wine.

The last Headpins concert I attended was awesome. For an encore, Kenny Shields, the singer from Harlequin, and the singer from the opening band got up on stage and did a blues tune, all taking turns singing verses. It was so cool! Definately a show I'll never forget.

• JK666
    JK666

So many great concerts, that I had to peruse the old memory bank.

1. Frank Zappa 1976, Fort Wayne Memorial Coliseum

2. Frank Zappa 1978, Fort Wayne Memorial Coliseum

3. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, Market Square Arena Indpls, 1995

4. Pink Floyd, Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, Hoosierdome Indpls, 1995?

5. X Fest, with Godsmack, Rob Zombie, and Buck Cherry (and many more), 2006 Verizon, Noblesville IN.

NO ONE compared with Zappa live, the tightest shows ever performed!

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Hey RE,

I liked the pig (floating inside the Dome)

JK

• Backed away
    Backed away

1988, Depeche Mode at the Rose Bowl, when the 101 album and video was made, unbelievable night!

• flipper
    flipper

Hello again y'all, Mr. Flipper here. I see some of you did see Paul McCartney and thought it was great also. God, I'm so envious of some of you having seen Pink Floyd, would have loved that or Zeppelin. I have a new dvd that came out last year of Robert Plant with his new group performing live, called Robert Plant and the Strange Sensations. Great new music by him and the group. Good stuff! Check it out if you get a chance

• zagor
    zagor

I loved Elton John for several reasons but one that I really want to see first time I get a chance is Snow Patrol, so much of what they sing of clicks with me that's freaky. Not to mention that style is just the perfect blend, for my taste at least,

[just to add a couple and you be the judge ;)]

Run - Snow Patrol piercing lyrics ...

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol just as good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit